Liverpool Thread 2013/14 (continued)

Blue Hefner said:
I agree but they have won more than 4 major trophies in 25 years haven't they?

A cup treble under Houlier, the FA Cup in 2006 and The Champs League in 2005. That's just off the top of my head

UEFA Cup, CL, FA Cup twice. three times

Are we counting the League Cup as a "major trophy" for a club as massive as Liverpool? Or The Charity Shield?

Damocles said:
Blue Hefner said:

A cup treble under Houlier, the FA Cup in 2006 and The Champs League in 2005. That's just off the top of my head

Are we counting the League Cup as a "major trophy" for a club as massive as Liverpool? Or The Charity Shield?

In that respect then Damo, does ours this year not count as a double? Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

speccybob 8 said:
Damocles said:
Blue Hefner said:

In that respect then Damo, does ours this year not count as a double? Just playing Devil's Advocate here.
They have 8: 1 CL 1 EL 3 FA 3 LC in 25 years, we have 4, 2 PL , 1 FA, 1 LC in 4 years.
It's about them claiming to be one of the worlds biggest clubs so to put it into better context:
FC Barcelona: 23 Trophies in 25 years, 12 La Liga titles, 4 Copa del Rey, 4 Champions League, 1 Cup Winner's Cup, 2 Club world cups.

Damocles said:
Blue Hefner said:

I think the League Cup still counts, albeit as the 4th target for any club also in Europe, but the Charity/Community shield most certainly doesn't. Any game in which you can make 5 substitutions is a friendly fixture and nothing more.

Matty said:
Damocles said:
Blue Hefner said:

I think the League Cup still counts, albeit as the 4th target for any club also in Europe, but the Charity/Community shield most certainly doesn't. Any game in which you can make 5 substitutions is a friendly fixture and nothing more.
It wasn't classed as a trophy when Mancini won it, yet it was when the chosen one was. If we win it this time what's the odds on it being ignored again.

mac said:
Matty said:
Damocles said:

It wasn't classed as a trophy when Mancini won it, yet it was when the chosen one was. If we win it this time what's the odds on it being ignored again.
If we're being honest I don't think even your most ardent United fan is claiming Moyes won a trophy in his time at Old Trafford!

Matty said:
mac said:
Matty said:
If we're being honest I don't think even your most ardent United fan is claiming Moyes won a trophy in his time at Old Trafford!
No but the media were.

mac said:
Matty said:
mac said:
No but the media were.

I'd be confident that when the media tally up the GPC's trophy haul, they include the Shield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.