City to be blown out of the water?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Told to expect as many as SIX new faces and a spend well over the £49m cap.

Begiristain will certainly be earning his corn again.

So we will obviously be selling as well then?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

We know Richards will probably go, Milner may go, Sinclair will be pushed out, Pantilimon may go, Guidetti may be off and off course Lescott and Barry are off the books. That would mean additional funds of at the very least of £20m and a bit of freedom on wages. For some reason I can't shake the view that Garcia will go and Fernando will take his spot, would mean we need another midfielder.

If Txiki does as well this summer as last than we'll all be happy.

Sheikhy could always place a massive Forex Trade to Increase the Value of the Euro v GBP.

uwe rosler 28 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

So we will obviously be selling as well then?

Yup.

Richards and three more, Rodwell, Sinclair and Garcia.

Probably bring in an additional £25m.

Remember, we also owe Oldham 20 per cent on Richards.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

The only reason I can think of for six new signings is to boost hg numbers, two new keepers maybe? Understand if you can't confirm tolm.

Why would you want to go to those shitholes, when you can come to City?? There will be ways around this FFP bollox.
We will be even better next year.

aguero93:20 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

The only reason I can think of for six new signings is to boost hg numbers, two new keepers maybe? Understand if you can't confirm tolm.

As I said to someone earlier this morning, City have an extra unique selling point this summer when it comes to going after home grown.

Champions League guarantees...

Milner is not for sale, the club are proposing an extension, but he's conflicted.

He's a top pro, regardless of how it ends up.

City could hold firm, but we could get around £10m for Milner, even with 12 months left.

Everton are interested in a number of our players, they will also owe us £2m for Barry, should he decide to stay at Goodison.

I'm sure there is a young kid there that might make it in City's first team.

We will be fine, Pellegrini will have a better squad, and is now used to the prem,

It will be tough, everyone will want to beat us, Chelsea, Arse, rags, & liverpool will all be strong, but we will put up a good defence of our title, they will need to go some.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

As I said to someone earlier this morning, City have an extra unique selling point this summer when it comes to going after home grown.

Milner is not for sale, the club are proposing an extension, but he's conflicted.

City could hold firm, but we could get around £10m for Milner, even with 12 months left.

Everton are interested in a number of our players, they will also owe us £2m for Barry, should he decide to stay at Goodison.

My concern around the purchase of homegrown players is twofold:-

1 - The expense. You end up paying a hefty premium on English players, we can't really afford to be overspending.

2 - The quality. There are very, very few homegrown players out there who are of the required standard to actually make an impact at City.

I also have a concern with your "Champion's League Guarantees" comment. With Hart, Clichy and Milner we have already filled 3 of the 4 "home grown but not club trained" spots, so we'd only have 1 left to be filled. The other 4 would need to be club trained, so buying externally won't address this. Under 21's only don't have to be registered if they've spent 2 years at the club, so even buying someone like Luke Shaw wouldn't work as he'd need to be here for 2 years before he wouldn't need to go on the 4 "home grown but not club trained" list.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Six in I can think of then:

1 - CDM (Fernando)
2 - CB (Mangala/Benatia)
3 - RB (Sagna)
4 - CDM Youth (Zuculini)
5 - GK (Rulli? - Panti out)
6 - Homegrown

Personally can't see us getting Barkley. Everton turned down a £50m bid from Utd Martinez said in a presser not too long ago, saying which is why they won't accept £38m from Liverpool. Can't see us forking out anything like that.

Clichy has had a terrible season in terms of performances. I think Kolarov is a very valuable asset to our team so would look at a LB to replace Clichy unless he can get back to his form of 2012. Saying that Clichy is homegrown so maybe there is no point looking at LB in the transfer market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.