Who you supporting ?

OxBlue said:
England obviously, but also Iran.

will be interesting to see who lasts longest.

Good way of making the games interesting (and getting mrs OB to watch the football) each main evening game we'll pick a team to support and eat the food from that country and more importantly drink beer or wine from that country…gives me an excuse to drink daily.

You need a bit of leeway with some of the teams and just get something from the same continent.
Bet you love it when Australia come to the fore, kangaroo bollocks for tea!

BlueTG said:
OxBlue said:
England obviously, but also Iran.

will be interesting to see who lasts longest.

Good way of making the games interesting (and getting mrs OB to watch the football) each main evening game we'll pick a team to support and eat the food from that country and more importantly drink beer or wine from that country…gives me an excuse to drink daily.

You need a bit of leeway with some of the teams and just get something from the same continent.
Bet you love it when Australia come to the fore, kangaroo bollocks for tea!

yep, anything to get rid of the taste of Fosters or XXXX

baildon blue said:
Damocles said:
I'll be supporting England because it's my country and then no-one. This is like saying who would you support in the FA Cup once City gets knocked out. Nobody.

And I'll point out that England have never gone out of the group stages in the entire history of the World Cup and won't do this year either
Wrong England have gone out at the group stages in 1950 , 1954 . and 1958 .

1950 had the old group layout for one winner. 1954 we got to the Quarters so no idea what you mean there. 1958 we went out on goal difference so you've got me on that one.

I'll rephrase:

In the modern World Cup format, England have only once gone out at the group stages. This is the same number of times the Brazilians have done it and 3 times less than the Italians.

We have one of the best World Cup records in the world. The people who think either the Italians or Uruguay will beat us obviously don't watch international football.

Damocles said:
baildon blue said:
Damocles said:
I'll be supporting England because it's my country and then no-one. This is like saying who would you support in the FA Cup once City gets knocked out. Nobody.

And I'll point out that England have never gone out of the group stages in the entire history of the World Cup and won't do this year either

1950 had the old group layout for one winner. 1954 we got to the Quarters so no idea what you mean there. 1958 we went out on goal difference so you've got me on that one.

I'll rephrase:

In the modern World Cup format, England have only once gone out at the group stages. This is the same number of times the Brazilians have done it and 3 times less than the Italians.

We have one of the best World Cup records in the world. The people who think either the Italians or Uruguay will beat us obviously don't watch international football.
Apart from the winning part, although you're still ahead of the Netherlands there and level with quite a few.

I will support the team with the most Blues in it for each match. So it could be Argentina, Spain, Belgium, Bosnia, or even England. An Argentina v Spain final would be difficult. How good would it be to see Pablo lift the World Cup?

aguero93:20 said:
Damocles said:
baildon blue said:

I'll rephrase:

Apart from the winning part, although you're still ahead of the Netherlands there and level with quite a few.

We've won it the same amount of times as Spain and France, two other comparable countries in terms of footballing culture and population.

Damocles said:
aguero93:20 said:
Damocles said:

I'll rephrase:

We've won it the same amount of times as Spain and France, two other comparable countries in terms of footballing culture and population.
That's what I meant :) I honestly don't think England have done too badly overall, probably should have reached more Semi-finals than they have but the disappointment levels are mainly down to media hype. With the World Cup, you'll win it during your golden years if you're very lucky and the rest of the time it's just about getting out of the group and then seeing what happens.
What Brazil and Italy have achieved is just incredible, the Germans too.

Italy, mums side of the family is Italian, will be supporting them ahead of England actually

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.