Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
FanchesterCity said:
pudge & rodge said:
The quotes were not "off the cuff".

The agent arranged an exclusive with a tabloid paper.

2 days have passed and the only response we know of from Yaya is an interview with Bein sports that doesn't deny anything but rather justifies his agent's words and actions.

Yaya has stated that he won't say anything until after the World Cup, that's about 2 months away.. How very nice of him, that's not arrogant at all...

The attention is on Yaya and his agent, he's made himself a easy target. Anything the media has written or portrayed is on Yaya due to the ammunition he has given them, the club has been backed. There's been no hyperbole from the media; this is a big enough story as it is, the fact it's so bizarre means it will gain exposure.

To say "because media" doesn't wash because it doesn't make sense.

The Yaya interview was BEFORE all this happened. It has to be completely discounted, and there's nothing remotely wrong with anything he said.
It's being banded about by a lot of fans as an interview subsequent to the 'cake gate'. This is incorrect.

The interview may have been before his agent went mad but when was it filmed? Presumably it must have been the last few days?

No way IMO can it be discounted. It's too much of coincidence don't you think for him to be discussing his agent in glowing terms, saying everything is in the open now and for the site to be showing it as an exclusive only today?

Hmmm if you look at the video, and how it's done, the 'current' state of affairs is a voice over with some football footage etc, but the actual interview is a little out of context. Also, I'm 99% sure I've seen the interview transcribed before all this media storm.

It's clever, because it fits well, but there's not a single question about the incident... no interviewer on earth would not ask!. it's basically just a normal interview where he repeats what he's said many times before.... 'I love Barcelona, would like to play there again one day, Focus is in the World Cup'.

It's just regugitating his Barca love-in in a montage compiled to feed the media frenzy

LoveCity said:
Amy Lewis ‏@SkySportsAmy 1m
Dimitry Seluk says Yaya Toure will want to stay at #mcfc if they offer him a coaching role

W
T
F
?

Seriously... WOW.

LoveCity said:
Dimitry Seluk says Yaya Toure will want to stay at #mcfc if they offer him a coaching role

W
T
F
?

Bastard. That tweet was my moment of glory.

Amy Lewis ‏@SkySportsAmy · 1m
He says "players are like children, they like lots of attention"

This happens every year. This time, things may have been lost in translation with his numb agent. I do get the feeling that he wants out though now. That's fair enough. No player is bigger than the club, but we will have Fabregas please. I'd take that all day long. He's made himself look a bit silly, always struck me as a slapped arse anyway. Despite the fact he stepped up this year, almost world class, I wouldn't miss the attitude.

I think Fernando and Mangala were tied up in January. So we have a replacement.

I'd go for cole as well. FREE that's the crucial part

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Cole
Fernando
Fernandinho
Nasri
Silva
Fabregas
Aguero

Zaba/kola rotating full backs with Sagna/cole. Clichy goes.

I think barca will go for a Toure/Fabregas swap.

LoveCity said:

W
T
F
?

Um........ okay. He can be the Set Pieces Coach at the academy in his spare time.

LoveCity said:

W
T
F
?
[bigimg]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8dGsbKhw-js/TS9eXadrAwI/AAAAAAAABKI/fcpNhRhWH8k/s1600/through+the+looking+glass.jpg[/bigimg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.