Froch Vs Groves rematch.

Don't think I've ever been so indecisive over who I think will win a big fight. Changed my mind about three times already.

The 8/1 for Froch to win by unanimous points decision is looking the favourite way for me to do my money at the moment.

It's a fight I just couldn't miss though. Not said that very often over the last few years.

WBA/IBF super-middleweight titles: Carl Froch v George Groves
IBF super-middleweight eliminator: James DeGale v Brandon Gonzales
IBF Lightweight final eliminator:Kevin Mitchell v Ghislain Maduma WBA bantamweight title: Jamie McDonnell v Tabtimdaeng Na Rachawat
8 rounds heavyweight: Anthony Joshua v Matt Legg

Thats the main card. The top 4 fights look good expect the 2 World title fights to be extremely tight. Mitchell will get the win as will DeGale to set up a fight with either Froch or Groves.

As for the main event. I think Froch will start like a house on fire and look to end it early like he did against Bute. If Groves can be smart and move and box he will have too much for Carl and could win on the points. Saying that he showed he had the power to knock Carl down. I think this is a real pick em fight. Because its in Georges back garden I will go with him to get it on the cards be a good fight honestly I keep changing my mind all the time about this fight.

Hope Groves wins, Froch showed himself up last time & the whole thing was a huge farce.

I hope groves wins, if he can box smart and not get dragged into a war like the last time I think he will do it.

I got the feeling in the first fight that he knew he was up on the cards and thought he could go toe to toe with froch and match him. As much as i dont like froch, that is his strongest asset and if the fight wasnt stopped when it was, I still think froch would have won in a slugfest.

Hopefully groves keeps it smart the whole fight and gets a unanimous decision.

I just wonder whether Groves has the temperament or discipline to just box clever for 12 rounds, instead of getting into a slugfest with Froch. If he can do, then I'd edge towards a Groves decision on the cards.

Tbh though, I just think Froch is going to come out fast (Bute-style) and try to put the fear of God into Groves and possibly force Groves to engage and change his gameplan (I would have thought Fitzpatrick will be asking Groves to try and box his head off personally). If Froch gets his way, it could be an early night's work.

People keep harping on about this punch that floored Froch and yes, whilst it showed Groves carries power, it was just a prime example of Froch's naivety (which was his downfall going into that fight) in that he felt Groves simply wasn't good enough to polish his boots, and he just stood flat footed and was there to be tagged. The fact he got up and regrouped speaks volumes. I cannot see Froch making the same mistake re his footwork in the rematch.

Whilst I think Froch won the odd round before the 9th (still behind on the cards), it was only until the 9th that Froch finally showed his power in bunches and, quite simply, Groves couldn't handle it. Groves was also blowing out of his arse at that point and having thrown everything at Froch, Froch was just getting marginally stronger as the fight progressed.

Like I said, if Groves sticks to a smart gameplan then he can outbox Froch to a decision. If Froch can get him in a war, I think that favours Froch.

I've changed my mind a shitload of times already re the outcome of this, and that's what makes it such a great fight, however at the moment I'm leaning towards another Froch KO.

The thing what most people forgot during the build up to the last fight Groves split away from Adam Booth his long time trainer. I honestly think that split away cost George the first fight. Now with Paddy Fitz in his first training camp full 1 we will see if the split away was the right move. Groves is a classy fighter and if he boxes well and sticks to his game plan he has every chance in the fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.