Richard III

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Is there a better story than this man's life and all the subsequent narrative, including that of Shakespeare, that better encapsulates what a colourful, truly incredible and rich history that this small, cold, wet island off the North West coast of mainland Europe has - and what it has contributed to the world?

The impact this insignificant piece of land has had on humanity is truly miraculous.

And the rape and pillaging of the uncivilised world

I'm positively ecstatic at the rape!!!

Can't be arsed reading through the thread. My contribution;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUjxEcRGAdI[/video]

Chris in London said:
another generation said:
Staying in Leicester. Boo!!
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2014-05-23/king-richard-iii-remains-to-be-buried-in-leicester/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/ ... leicester/</a>
Will you travel to Leicester to see Richard of York Away?
Thousands will claim to have done.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Is there a better story than this man's life and all the subsequent narrative, including that of Shakespeare, that better encapsulates what a colourful, truly incredible and rich history that this small, cold, wet island off the North West coast of mainland Europe has - and what it has contributed to the world?

The impact this insignificant piece of land has had on humanity is truly miraculous.

And the rape and pillaging of the uncivilised world

I'm positively ecstatic at the rape!!!
I'm more of a pillaging sort of man, myself.

mackenzie said:
Of course it's him. The likelihood of that place of burial, those wounds, that curvature of the spine and the hands tied etc lead to one man only.

Get the remains back to York where they belong and give them a burial befitting the last Plantagenet King.
This, he was a king of the North. Barnard Castle would have been the most fitting place for his burial. He would have defeated Henry VII if Thomas Stanley hadn't changed sides at the last minute. He died a hero's death.

Len Rum said:
mackenzie said:
Of course it's him. The likelihood of that place of burial, those wounds, that curvature of the spine and the hands tied etc lead to one man only.

Get the remains back to York where they belong and give them a burial befitting the last Plantagenet King.
This, he was a king of the North. Barnard Castle would have been the most fitting place for his burial. He would have defeated Henry VII if Thomas Stanley hadn't changed sides at the last minute. He died a hero's death.
Yes he died a hero fighting to the end but his army was falling apart around him, he knew this and made that last desperate charge down Ambion Hill to try to take on Henry in one to one combat and nearly managed to pull it off killing Henrys standard bearer
The battle was over before it really began, his army was reluctant to fight and had to be made to do so by Richards loyal men and bodyguards, as for the Stanleys yes they intervened on Hentys side but that was only when it was clear that Henrys army was winning, this was not uncommon in Medieval battles, and you could be certain that had Richard been winning the Stanleys would have piled in on his side
It was also common for certain Battles(Medieval Regiments) to change sides mid conflict, they were practical men in Medieval armies, all depended which way the bloodshed was going

blue underpants said:
Len Rum said:
mackenzie said:

Yes he died a hero fighting to the end but his army was falling apart around him, he knew this and made that last desperate charge down Ambion Hill to try to take on Henry in one to one combat and nearly managed to pull it off killing Henrys standard bearer
The battle was over before it really began, his army was reluctant to fight and had to be made to do so by Richards loyal men and bodyguards, as for the Stanleys yes they intervened on Hentys side but that was only when it was clear that Henrys army was winning, this was not uncommon in Medieval battles, and you could be certain that had Richard been winning the Stanleys would have piled in on his side
It was also common for certain Battles(Medieval Regiments) to change sides mid conflict, they were practical men in Medieval armies, all depended which way the bloodshed was going
Interesting. I thought It was 50/50 but I'll revisit the account of the battle.

blue underpants said:
Len Rum said:
mackenzie said:

Tywin has a lot to answer for!

The North Remembers

I did Richard the 3rd for O level English Literature in 1974.

He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber
To the lascivious pleasing of a lute.

That's all I remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.