New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Crab Paste! said:
I only follow one team, Manchester City Football Club. I don't watch other teams (except when they are playing us), I don't look out for other teams results; half the time I don't even have a clue who the opposition players are!

So that's a big fat no from me.
I only follow Manchester City Football Club, but damn if I don't watch football every single day of my life. I don't care who is on. I love football, whoever is playing. Priorities will always lie to MCFC, but if they aren't playing, just give me any footy and I'll watch. (Except for ladies, sorry, girls, it's like watching underwater)

can't wait to watch NY derby. hopefully they have live match in Asia. with Villa and Lampard (i hope NYCFC will loan in some City youngsters), i'd love to see how the team grows and make an impact against establish clubs in MSL.

u8eqabe8.jpg

By Madison Square Garden yesterday.

ardwickboy said:
Let's try and get a chant going.
NY..NYC..NYCF...............................C, OK.

Fuck you you arrogant bastard, we are New York City, we will work our own songs out and do not need any help from a tinpot EPL soccer team.
& IF we did we would use songs from a real team with history and use You'll never walk alone or something based on Country Roads, which is a real American country song anyway.

And on match days we will all wear the same color, red one week, green another then purple on the next, some of us are even thinking of asking the club to post which colour they think we should wear on a weekly basis.

Anyway keep your songwriting for your own tinpot team and see if your uniformed supporters might sing it.

MrE said:
ardwickboy said:
Let's try and get a chant going.
NY..NYC..NYCF...............................C, OK.

Fuck you you arrogant bastard, we are New York City, we will work our own songs out and do not need any help from a tinpot EPL soccer team.
& IF we did we would use songs from a real team with history and use You'll never walk alone or something based on Country Roads, which is a real American country song anyway.

And on match days we will all wear the same color, red one week, green another then purple on the next, some of us are even thinking of asking the club to post which colour they think we should wear on a weekly basis.

Anyway keep your songwriting for your own tinpot team and see if your uniformed supporters might sing it.

Oooooh I say, steady on old chap!

I'll be keeping a keen eye on them, but being that my girlfriend is a Montrealer then the Impact defaulted to my 'second team' a few years back (before their MLS entry). I already subscribe to MLS Live so I'll have access to all NYCFC games and will be watching.

Corky said:
warpig said:
Corky said:
"From mcfc.co.uk: Villa becomes our sister side’s first Designated Player and soccer fans in New York will now have the opportunity to watch one of the biggest names in world football when the inaugural campaign begins early next year."

So not a subsidiary then?

Joint venture between Mcfc and the New York Yankees. Apparently.

Sister club suggests same parent company though doesn't it, if MCFC own the shares this would not be correct, if ADUG owned them then it would.
It's 'sister team' because MCFC and NYCFC are both part of City Football Group. If you imagine the hierarchy, CFG is at the top, and City and NYC are on the rung below, on the same level. As if they were sisters in a family tree.

ForzaMancini said:
Why do some City fans want to be so desperately liked by other teams? Why should NYCFC fans have some affinity for us? It will be their team in their city, I don't care if they get rags, Liverpool, Chelsea fans etc. supporting them. I hope NYCFC do well in the MLS because of the connection but I won't lose any sleep if they fail miserably either.
It's not about wanting them to like us, some will follow united etc...so they won't like us, However I find that strange. If united started a team up there's no way on gods earth I'd follow them, even if you paid me. I just wish they'd stop fucking calling us, it's not like we bought an existing team, changed the badge and name etc... It's a new fucking team that Manchester City created not Adug but city. I just find it cheeky that some are calling us and saying "Nycfc till I die" cheeky bastards.

Fuck em.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.