James Rodríguez - Monaco/Colombia

Straight swap for yaya, would even give them an extra 15mill, total value about 45/50 million considering Toure's form last season

He went to Monaco for £35mill after the world cup he's having they're going to want at least double that. Fantastic player though fair play.

He'll end up at Real. Pretty sure he has said that is his dream and that Ronaldo is his idol.

I was shocked to not see thread about him after the game :D

9 goals and 12 assists in Monaco last year. Not bad for 21 years old in his first season in new club and country.

He'd bring few female fans too :P

But that bus went off I guess when Monaco paid 37 mil for him.

I don't think it'd be TOO unfeasible. United paid £34mil for an unproven left back. We'd be paying £50ish for someone who could win the Balon Dor. Plus we'd get so many Colombian fans as he's their golden boy, which expands our fan base and marketing potential in South America and gives us somewhere else to scout. Besides, if he's unhappy, Monaco has to take account of that, like we do with Yaya.
Best player at the World cup, most goals and assists at the world cup, can play any attacking position, young, strong, direct, most assists in the league last year in an average team, a decent amount of goals, most chances created in the league (I think, certainly one of the highest), consistent in two leagues and the national team. Maybe wait for the hype to die down, but if any team is bidding for him, we need to at least match them.

Not just colombian fans. The kind of world cup he is having (especially after dispatching off public enemy number 1 Uruguay), he will have many many new fans world over.
But yes, he would cost a lot. Monaco are in Champions league this season so that won't be a huge draw.
By the way, that 45 million euro fee that Monaco paid for his services last year is misleading as they underpaid for Moutinho to let porto save on money owed to Sporting Lisbon ( just like Benfica have sold E Garay to Zenit for just 6 million to avoid paying huge money to Madrid).

Too rich for us this summer unfortunately. Cash to be spent in other areas this year

Would have to push nasri or silva to the bench if we make a bid. Dun think we would pay crazy money for substitute player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.