cornwall blues

There are always a few knocking around Illogan's RBL football club bar/pub. Not a bad place, just up the road from BLUEruth and Portreath, New Quay etc

A fair few blues that live in newquay at least 20 of us that I know about. Usually watch games at Bertie O'flannigans, The Central & Sailors.

Mayo03 said:
A fair few blues that live in newquay at least 20 of us that I know about. Usually watch games at Bertie O'flannigans, The Central & Sailors.

Ooohhh, now you've done it!! Don't encourage Salford Paul, you'll regret it!! ;-)

Just kidding Paul and Mayo03, Paul's a top bloke and he knows everything there is to know about Central Heating Boilers!! And even more about City. :-)

Lavinda Past said:
We were on holiday in Cornwall, visiting Tintagel on the day that the Twin Towers were hit by aeroplanes.

I have checked the photos - Yes.... I had a City t-shirt on.

I was in Newquay the very same time. First time I visited Cornwall as an adult (and with first child) - we stayed in St Merryn. Completely hooked and go back every year. Beautiful part of the world, especially the North Coast. Based in St Agnes last year.

We're staying in St Ives this year (always end up there on previous trips so though it best to base there this time) - any recommended boozers that will be showing the Newcastle game (might pop in that 'hair salon' should I need a haircut)?

somapop said:
Lavinda Past said:
We were on holiday in Cornwall, visiting Tintagel on the day that the Twin Towers were hit by aeroplanes.

I was in Newquay the very same time. First time I visited Cornwall as an adult (and with first child) - we stayed in St Merryn. Completely hooked and go back every year. Beautiful part of the world, especially the North Coast. Based in St Agnes last year.

We're staying in St Ives this year (always end up there on previous trips so though it best to base there this time) - any recommended boozers that will be showing the Newcastle game (might pop in that 'hair salon' should I need a haircut)?

Lifeboat and balcony bar are both pretty good places to watch the football in St.Ives, both right on the harbour and both have a decent mix of fans that helps create a pretty good atmosphere.
The Castle in the highstreet is usually ok too and there is also the three ferrets, a proper back street boozer, you may need to ask a local for directions as its down a little lane by the cinema. Football mad pub and I've met a few blues in there over the years, but it's also a bit of a "local" pub and the atmosphere can be lively at times.

Well Paul...ive moved down now from launceston..and am in st austell bay,theres a couple of blues around who i see.now n again...but now its hol season theres shit everywhere....im forever shouting out my car window at em.....WANK#####rs.....lol

Lomas has a lob on said:
somapop said:
Lavinda Past said:

Lifeboat and balcony bar are both pretty good places to watch the football in St.Ives, both right on the harbour and both have a decent mix of fans that helps create a pretty good atmosphere.
The Castle in the highstreet is usually ok too and there is also the three ferrets, a proper back street boozer, you may need to ask a local for directions as its down a little lane by the cinema. Football mad pub and I've met a few blues in there over the years, but it's also a bit of a "local" pub and the atmosphere can be lively at times.

Cheers Lomas - I know all those boozers (even the three ferrets!). Might pop in either the Lifeboat or Balcony given the views of the harbour (and if I can get my pass stamped on the first night of the hols...).

Grew up in Launceston as a Plymouth Argyle fan (my classmates were either Argyle or Leeds back then - early 70s). Whenever I go back now it's full of rags my age - now where the fook did they all come from in the intervening 40 years???

Only met one other blue in Launceston in the last 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.