Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

I'm With Stupid said:
The Doctor said:
And what price did Rio bring in 2002..........Leeds to MUFC
When Leeds signed him from West Ham for big bucks O'Leary said the first task I have is to teach Rio how to be a Centre Half.........
I think he turned out to be OK
Who's this O'Leary you speak of? Did he work at the Trafford Utd academy when he was brought through the ranks with all the other young players?

Sorry..........I yield! that response is far too deep for my simple brain! I can only assume that you do know what you are talking about cos it beats me!

The Doctor said:
I'm With Stupid said:
The Doctor said:
And what price did Rio bring in 2002..........Leeds to MUFC
When Leeds signed him from West Ham for big bucks O'Leary said the first task I have is to teach Rio how to be a Centre Half.........
I think he turned out to be OK
Who's this O'Leary you speak of? Did he work at the Trafford Utd academy when he was brought through the ranks with all the other young players?

Sorry..........I yield! that response is far too deep for my simple brain! I can only assume that you do know what you are talking about cos it beats me!

He's only joking that according to all utd fans everyone of their players is home grown and they've never spent a penny

How come at this world cup he's not played a minute, varane, sahko and even koscielny were rated better options?

('_')MCFC said:
The Doctor said:
I'm With Stupid said:

He's only joking that according to all utd fans everyone of their players is home grown and they've never spent a penny

OK Understand

oakiecokie said:
RandomJ said:
hgblue said:
Bloody hell, am I the only person on here that rates this lad? ;) Cracking young player imo.

He's talented no disputing that. It's his attitude that really worries me. It's between two defenders, both are talented, one is willing to lose money in order to come here and one who is dragging their heels so much they've dug a trench. One of them will work their nads off in training and in games to show we were right to buy them the other already thinks they are the finished article and will act like they're doing us a favour just for being at the club. Lot of money to spend on someone with such a shit attitude.

What attitude ??? Its a big moment in his life and how do we not know he doesn`t want to join us.I have never seen any direct links to him saying this.He has his family life to consider as well.
Don`t know where you`ve got this notion that he thinks he`s the finished article just because he hasn`t so far made his mind up as to where he would like to play.

What attitude .... One of a guy who's clearly not got us in mind as his first choice club - so therefore it makes perfect sense to me that Benatia would suit our holistic aporoach and be our first choice as he on the other hand is very keen to come to City and prepared to write off a £3m bonus ... Also he's a better player than Mangala IMO .... no brainer really!!

Surely based on our own interest alone, we must have given him some sort of deadline to give us an answer

One thing tonight has shown is that £50m doesn't buy you much, so for £30m, we'll be lucky if Mangala or Benatia can even stand up

Think choosing Mangala over Benatia is simply a financial decision similar fee involved one a young player who has the potential to be something special who could be first choice for the next 10 years and the other already one of the best CB's in Europe but will only get 5-6 years out of. We might not be his first choice but lets be honest how many of our current squad do you think if given the opinion of playing for any club in the world on the same money would have chosen to come here?

TrueBlue1705 said:
oakiecokie said:
RandomJ said:
He's talented no disputing that. It's his attitude that really worries me. It's between two defenders, both are talented, one is willing to lose money in order to come here and one who is dragging their heels so much they've dug a trench. One of them will work their nads off in training and in games to show we were right to buy them the other already thinks they are the finished article and will act like they're doing us a favour just for being at the club. Lot of money to spend on someone with such a shit attitude.

What attitude ??? Its a big moment in his life and how do we not know he doesn`t want to join us.I have never seen any direct links to him saying this.He has his family life to consider as well.
Don`t know where you`ve got this notion that he thinks he`s the finished article just because he hasn`t so far made his mind up as to where he would like to play.

What attitude .... One of a guy who's clearly not got us in mind as his first choice club - so therefore it makes perfect sense to me that Benatia would suit our holistic aporoach and be our first choice as he on the other hand is very keen to come to City and prepared to write off a £3m bonus ... Also he's a better player than Mangala IMO .... no brainer really!!

... and you definitely know this because .... you read it in the fooking papers so it must be true ???

oakiecokie said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
oakiecokie said:

... and you definitely know this because .... you read it in the fooking papers so it must be true ???

Look lets be honest here. If he wanted to play for us he'd be a City player by now. He refused the deal in January and the current deal has been on the table for a while now and he is still dragging his feet. Can't blame the world cup cos France got knocked out. It's pretty bloody obvious he doesn't want to come and is waiting for another club to swoop in. City need to give him a short deadline and just get this finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.