Worst refereeing decisions involving City?

Right at the beginning of this clip is the most stonewall penalty you'll ever see, not given, by McQueen on Barnes.

[video]http://youtu.be/p3YfKuVHgxs[/video]

I think it was towards the end of the 84-85 season against Oldham. Jamie Hoyland, who may have been making his debut, is lying injured in the centre circle and has been there for some time. Andy May ran past the ref and gestured towards the prostrate Hoyland. Immediately the game stopped and I witnessed my first ever straight red in a game. May obviously said some thing but as the card came out he just trudged off. Hoyland was substituted and I don't think was seen again in any note.

Roll on 25 years and I was involved in a City Old Boys game and Andy was playing so I asked him what he said. He basically questioned his parentage followed by calling him a C*** and topped it off with you f***ing cheat whilst pointing out the youngster had been down for some time. When I asked what he had been sent off for it was the word cheat that did it!

Walking off at the end he was hit by a pie and was quoted as saying it had been warm but not his favourite flavour.

Still 2 weeks later he sent Moran off against Everton in the Cup Final.

Maybe not the worst but has always stuck with me.

Being awarded a free kick not a penalty when Fellani, stood on the penalty spot, handballs it at Everton and the officials thought it happened outside the box. Still wonder how they thought this

mcfcryan said:
Steve Howey diving header vs Wolves 01/02 season disallowed for no reason....that decision still makes my head shake.
It was given offside if I remember correctly even though it was a corner.

I remember no one had a clue what was going on. Fortunately good old shauny wrapped it all up about 10 minutes later.

Palace84 said:
I think it was towards the end of the 84-85 season against Oldham. Jamie Hoyland, who may have been making his debut, is lying injured in the centre circle and has been there for some time. Andy May ran past the ref and gestured towards the prostrate Hoyland. Immediately the game stopped and I witnessed my first ever straight red in a game. May obviously said some thing but as the card came out he just trudged off. Hoyland was substituted and I don't think was seen again in any note.

Roll on 25 years and I was involved in a City Old Boys game and Andy was playing so I asked him what he said. He basically questioned his parentage followed by calling him a C*** and topped it off with you f***ing cheat whilst pointing out the youngster had been down for some time. When I asked what he had been sent off for it was the word cheat that did it!

Walking off at the end he was hit by a pie and was quoted as saying it had been warm but not his favourite flavour.

Still 2 weeks later he sent Moran off against Everton in the Cup Final.

Maybe not the worst but has always stuck with me.

'Twas big bald Peter Willis.......... and eerily similar to that prat Brian Coddington down at Bournemouth, who played on and on and on after Nicky Weaver had been left semi conscious in our 6 yard box, and then sent SuperKev off for aggressive walking in the protests that followed.

Both finished 0-0 as well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.