For Man City Fan in Mississippi

I became a fan when I won a competition to meet Niall Quinn (striker from the early 90s) in my local hotel (in Cork, Ireland).
I was 10 or so and since then I've supported them.

I'll always think of City as a club where there is always something - high expectations, low expectations, extreme despair, extreme joy, crazy goings on - it's never boring or run of the mill.
I like to think we're unique in that but we're probably not - it's just being a City fan you kinda get blinkered a little.

Enjoy the ride,
R

I oncebpulled a ballerina from Mississipi so that is my useless fact of the day

1. Best players on the team
David Silva, Kun Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta, Yaya Toure and Vinny Kompany

2. Who are your bitter rivals?
A side that finished 7th that are from outside Manchester

3. What is your play style?
High defensive line, fluid passing in the oppostion's half and full backs playing like wingers to get behind the defence.

4. What is your best known chant/song? (I want this for my signature on the forum I originate from)
Best know is Bluemoon but my favourite of recent years contains the line "You Signed Phil Jones - we signed Kun Aguero"

5. Expected success level for the season? I know "we" are current league champions, and I actually watched many games last year (for fantasy football reasons), but did not have a specific team to cheer for. I do now!
Hopefully Champions again and reaching the Quarter or Semi Final of the Champs League

6. Any other cool stuff a fan ought to know.
The Harrogate Blues Supporters Club has quite a few fans from the States

Cheers.

To the MSU alum:

Cheers, and welcome aboard. Seems like alot of people are getting into the sport in the US with the NBC tele deal and World Cup.

The one thing I would add for your edification is this: historically the fans of the rags (i.e. "Manchester" U****d) to my eyes have tended to conduct themselves with an extreme lack of class amidst all their success.

Now that City is enjoying such a great run I always try myself to not act in the way that I have seen those twats behave for two decades now.

For my part, that means being in gracious and classy in victory to fans of defeated clubs. UNLESS said fans are those of U****d. They deserve all the abuse in the world to be heaped upon them.

Austin Texas fan here ... got hooked watching YaYa in the FA cup semi a few years back. A United friend of mine took me along to the bar to watch the game and it all kind of went tits up for him LOL.

I found learning the tournament structures, how to advance, and how teams are drawn was wildly different that in the states and knowing how they work in Europe was a huge help. I would look into that.

For example: Champs League is a wild mix of a BCS style seeding, with a world cup group stage, and a sweet 16 bracket thrown in for fun. Then you can move from Champs to Europa, some teams get to skip a ton of games in some tournaments, winners of other tournaments get an automatic place in others, it's wildly fun for drunk bar talk at 7:45 AM after a 6:00 AM kickoff.

Enjoy and CTID

Man City fan in Miss - Hello from a fellow Southerner - Vol fan here but also a City fan (since 2006). You'll enjoy watching city. Fun team, fun fans, cool kit. I'm in Chicago now but would be cool to see City develop a southern fan base.

Thanks to all for your help. The forum I frequent already has near 700 posts in the past couple weeks on this thread of EPL alone. People are excited for sure. I will represent Man City to the best of my ability.

My geography of England is sub-par at best, so besides Man U, what other Premier League teams are close in proximity? Are rivalries truly bitter in every aspect of life or just during the matches? Again, thanks to all for your help.

The thing about being a Manchester City fan....

It's about doing things the hard way.

And that means not looking up our history on the internet. And not listening to other people's favourite players and expectations...

You have to live and grow WITH them. It doesn't matter when your start supporting them the memories start from your own day zero.

Consider City to be imperfect woman you fall in love with. You can ask others all about her past, but it won't mean much. You can ask others their opinion of her, but it won't change your view. Once you fall in love with City, it's not a perfect relationship, but you can never let go. She'll hurt you, confuse you, thrill you, give you dreams and hopes, take them, crush them and burn them, before salvaging them from the embers and make you fall in love all over again.

Wikipedia and Google won't tell you that.
Don't read it....Live it. Love it.

FanchesterCity said:
The thing about being a Manchester City fan....

It's about doing things the hard way.

And that means not looking up our history on the internet. And not listening to other people's favourite players and expectations...

You have to live and grow WITH them. It doesn't matter when your start supporting them the memories start from your own day zero.

Consider City to be imperfect woman you fall in love with. You can ask others all about her past, but it won't mean much. You can ask others their opinion of her, but it won't change your view. Once you fall in love with City, it's not a perfect relationship, but you can never let go. She'll hurt you, confuse you, thrill you, give you dreams and hopes, take them and crush them, then salvage them from the embers and make you fall in love all over again.

Wikipedia and Google won't tell you that.
Don't read it....Live it. Love it.

I think you'll find that now you typed that all out for us, Google WILL tell him that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.