Avoid Karrimor Trainers

you first bought trail shoes and now have got road shoes.

The NB shoes you have a LOT of cushioning. Do you need it? if not, it will put pressure on the outside of your foot as it will cause your foot to roll outwards resulting in pain up the outside of your leg.

good luck!

117 M34 said:
you first bought trail shoes and now have got road shoes.

The NB shoes you have a LOT of cushioning. Do you need it? if not, it will put pressure on the outside of your foot as it will cause your foot to roll outwards resulting in pain up the outside of your leg.

good luck!

117 M34 said:
stonerblue said:
117 M34 said:
Wouldn't have thought you will get a refund for them. It will be fairly obvious that you have worn them.
How many miles have you done in them?

Btw, sweatshop do a 30 day money back guarantee, worn or not.

Only obligation the shop has for a refund is if there is manufacturing fault. A sore hamstring won't do it

They do it for any reason, or at least they did when I was running up to 18 months ago.
They would make sure they are right for you before you buy them so that you don't get an injury when you run in them - therefore you wouldn't need to bring them back.

That's good practice by sweatshop but they don't have to do that under consumer laws.

On the other hand, Karrimor will be serving a writ at the OP's door first thing in the morning..

Doctor Blue said:
Funny I was in sports direct yesterday buying some New Balance. Always go for them because they are made in UK. Also never had a problem running in them. Person in the shop was obsessed with trying to sell me karrimoor. Don't they own karrimoor so make more of a mark up on them.

I had this about 2 weeks ago. Went to Sports Direct for a new pair of trainers just for using at the gym, and the very very occasional road run so I saw a pair of New Balance that looked OK. Asked for my size, and the shop assistant came back with a pair of Karrimor and said that they didnt have my size in the NB but the Karrimor were good for running and started laying it on thick about the pronation of feet and stuff. Asked for a different pair of New Balance, and he came back with another pair of Karrimor. I just stood up and walked out.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Load of bollocks talked about fancy footwear (imo)

I once walked the 270 mile Pennine Way from Edale to Kirk Yetholm in Scotland, bought some new top of the range hiking boots, broke them in for a few weeks beforehand, and found they were crippling me after three days, threw them away and bought a pair of casual hush puppy suede loafers, wore them the remaining twelve days with no problems whatsoever.

This is very true.........and the whole basis of my running experience. I run in what can be best describes as plimsoles, absolutely no need for expensive trainers.

blue-trig said:
Doctor Blue said:
Funny I was in sports direct yesterday buying some New Balance. Always go for them because they are made in UK. Also never had a problem running in them. Person in the shop was obsessed with trying to sell me karrimoor. Don't they own karrimoor so make more of a mark up on them.

I had this about 2 weeks ago. Went to Sports Direct for a new pair of trainers just for using at the gym, and the very very occasional road run so I saw a pair of New Balance that looked OK. Asked for my size, and the shop assistant came back with a pair of Karrimor and said that they didnt have my size in the NB but the Karrimor were good for running and started laying it on thick about the pronation of feet and stuff. Asked for a different pair of New Balance, and he came back with another pair of Karrimor. I just stood up and walked out.
How did they know you over pronate without watching you run?

Been a runner for 30 odd years, never had problems with NB, Asics or Nike. Bought a pair of Karrimor as a spare pair for shorter runs (6 miles and less). First run and I ended up with Plantar fasciitis (sore arch). Straight in the bin, never stepping in Sports Direct again, load of garbage selling cheap products at cheap prices, my own fault but won't be going back.

Most of the brands that they sell in SD and Lillywhites are their own brands.

The man is a genius when it comes to selling shit in huge quants to punters who dont check out what makes a brand nothing more than a brand.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Been a runner for 30 odd years, never had problems with NB, Asics or Nike. Bought a pair of Karrimor as a spare pair for shorter runs (6 miles and less). First run and I ended up with Plantar fasciitis (sore arch). Straight in the bin, never stepping in Sports Direct again, load of garbage selling cheap products at cheap prices, my own fault but won't be going back.

What would you think of Salomon's trainers?
Thinking of obviously wearing these NB until they are wrecked then going to sweat shop and getting something better, possibly Salomons.
Putting in a lot of effort hoping to raise money for Epilepsy Action and or CITC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.