How long until we see a £100 Match Ticket at the Etihad?

Dunne's own goal said:
TCIB said:
Nature of the beast i guess boss. It was always going to happen, remember joking to a mate that a ticket will cost a hundred quid one day back in the mid 90's. We came to the conclusion that was mad money and the money in footy had to slow down sooner rather than later.

In 3 seasons a cl match against Bayern will top a ton i reckon.

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe even earlier if we get far (semis etc) and that's a far from a fee I'm willing to pay. FFS I paid £40 to watch us win League cup at Wembley last season and had good seats too!

It won't take 3 seasons.
The season after next I reckon.

MaineRoadBlue said:
The Liverpool prices have left most on here a little speechless and it got me thinking and, I reckon it can't be longer that another 3 years before some of our open sale tickets are breaking £100.

Deary Me!
Soon as we get a big draw in the CL then I will be amazed if level 2 prices aren't pushing the ton mark.

It will be next season (15/16) in level 2 padded seats.

If they are going to charge ST holders £1250 ( £82 per game) and that just gives access to a sports bar, nothing else included as far as I could see from the letter I got.

Match day tickets in CB and East stand level 2 for Cat A games next season will be a minimum of £125.

Carver said:
Go on then, i'll post it..

What do we expect when we're playing the league champions and champions elect in next season's title decider. Even if it is our opening home game of the season.
Put it this way, if we didnt sign Scott Sinclair we could have all saved £30 PER Match.

I hate to quote Hoeness but he was right when he said "Whats 3meuro to us? But to the fans, its a lot of money" or along them lines.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
It will be next season (15/16) in level 2 padded seats.

If they are going to charge ST holders £1250 ( £82 per game) and that just gives access to a sports bar, nothing else included as far as I could see from the letter I got.

Match day tickets in CB and East stand level 2 for Cat A games next season will be a minimum of £125.

I excluded those from my prediction as it's common knowledge that the club is trying to make all of those corporate seats

I know someone who stopped drinking when a pint of bitter hit the £1 mark. Back then in the 80's it was unthinkable a pint of bitter would cost so much and when it did he just stopped.

If a match ticket is going up a tenner a season I reckon less than 5 years for a ticket to cost £100 in the third tier Colin Bell where I now sit.

Problem is as a retired person my pension won't increase no where near that amount over the same time. Having said that I'll just be glad to still be here in 5 years tbh.

As others have said the pubs will be full of city fans watching on the big screen, whilst the green wheelie brigade from the Home Counties will be buying their ticket bundles.

I just hope that with the expansion that normal working class lads and lasses, and retired working class lads and lasses can buy tickets that are affordable.

My season ticket works our at £37 a game.. so the mark up for none season ticket holders is £20 that is fcuking ridicules

Bayern Munich chairman on ticket prices
"We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?"

"In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan."

"We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

"That's the biggest difference between us and England."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.