Online Betting

JoeMercer'sWay

PM if interested in starting fan kit consultation
Do the betting companies alter their odds for individuals that keep making money betting a certain way?

For example, let's say we go back to the start of Frankel's racing, say I bet successfully online for the first few races, would the bookie then spot I keep betting and winning on Frankel and therefore give me lower odds than others who may put a punt on because they realise he's become famous.

Note, I'm not asking whether bookies lower odds for perceived favourites or safe bets, but whether they then lower these odds again for individuals who they may notice winning regularly on safe bets?

I would think they have some pretty advanced algorithms to do this Joe yeah.
I do not know for sure but if i was a betting man i would stick a tenner on it.

I think they would be in violation of EU consumer law if they did so mate.

it's possible.

Depends on the betting agency though I suppose.

Quite quickly they could alter the odds that you see in your login section.

I mean if they haven't scripted their PHP to do this then I would think they were daft.

I'm pretty sure they don't change the odds for the individual.

If they don't like how you're betting they simply won't take the bet. It'll be written in the t&c's somewhere they can refuse to take your bet.

It's fixed odds betting, odds aren't changed for the inidivdual - they'll just cancel your account if you make more profit than they like.

Why Always Ste said:
I mean if they haven't scripted their PHP to do this then I would think they were daft.

Sentence my write, I will.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Do the betting companies alter their odds for individuals that keep making money betting a certain way?

For example, let's say we go back to the start of Frankel's racing, say I bet successfully online for the first few races, would the bookie then spot I keep betting and winning on Frankel and therefore give me lower odds than others who may put a punt on because they realise he's become famous.

Note, I'm not asking whether bookies lower odds for perceived favourites or safe bets, but whether they then lower these odds again for individuals who they may notice winning regularly on safe bets?

Yes they do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.