Life of a Temp

Maybe she really did talk too much, I'd fire someone for it....shut the fuck up and do something, even if it's wrong, be productive!

idahoblues said:
Maybe she really did talk too much, I'd fire someone for it....shut the fuck up and do something, even if it's wrong, be productive!

I suppose they think she is making others unproductive as well tbf

disgraceful. do these people not realise there is a human being in there. ok so they want rid but give her some time to get her head round it, and perhaps find something else.

Was her contract casual or temporary fixed term? Sounds like a kop out excuse for letting her go.... fucking NHS managers

Can't see the logic of employing short term temps, everytime you get a new one you have to go through induction, training etc before they can even start work

Tbf couldn't they just have taken her to one side and said cut the chat out and get on with your work?

BlueBearBoots said:
Can't see the logic of employing short term temps, everytime you get a new one you have to go through induction, training etc before they can even start work

Tbf couldn't they just have taken her to one side and said cut the chat out and get on with your work?

Thick as pig shit management on inflated salaries in public sector seem the think it's a great idea and will save them ££££. It takes the dopes years to then realise they would have saved more money on recruitment fees by just employing one permanent member of staff. I've seen this happen too many times. Although I enjoyed it, it was a pain in the arse having to retrain new members of staff.

foxy said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Thick as pig shit management on inflated salaries in public sector seem the think it's a great idea and will save them ££££. It takes the dopes years to then realise they would have saved more money on recruitment fees by just employing one permanent member of staff. I've seen this happen too many times. Although I enjoyed it, it was a pain in the arse having to retrain new members of staff.

correct. much better to have someone who is committed yet relaxed in the workplace. whilst the firm invest in them they also invest themselves in to the company.

My brother in law went through the mill with this bullsh*t a few years ago. He was on an agencies books and was working in a warehouse for some home shopping company. One day at the end of his shift, everyone that worked in his section got binned off because they thought someone had been nicking (turned out to be one of the supervisors). Plenty of other times he would jump on his bike to go 10 miles to work, get there and be turned away after 10 minutes because they didn't need him that day.

Agencies get paid a fortune to provide staff on "flexible" terms, often paying the absolute minimum wages allowed and all on "zero hours" contracts. Absolute disgrace in this day and age that this form of indentured labour is allowed to exist.

This government is rapidly eroding employment rights that it has taken 100s of years for the average working person to gain. This sort of situation is fast becoming nothing to write home about. Mind you, in fairness to the government, they have also succeeded in conning the majority of the population into believing that anyone who wishes to take action against such erosion of rights and good practice is a workshy, lazy scumbag, who just wants to shit on and inconvenience everyone else. So, you know, you have to have some admiration for their audacity.

BlueBearBoots said:

And what about all the millions of people on short term contracts now - they wont have pensions when they retire, we'll all be working until we drop dead and there will be no jobs for young people at all

It doesn't make sense!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.