No country for old men

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Zubrman said:
TCIB said:
I seem to remember losing a bit of interest at the end, maybe i just need to watch it again.
Javier Bardem was bad ass though, was it that film where he crashed and bought that kids bike or something ?

Nah, it's where he's got no teeth and blames it on Judy Dench.

He was a quality Bond villain, just the right amount of campness.

OP - keep the cash no doubt, run the risk of having my brain air pumped out of my skull

He was ok in the councelor as well but it was quite a generic spanish role..

The pyscho could kill a billion people and get away with it, with only having one person go after him who actually dies after 5 minutes of being on screen. All he really had to deal with was a lazy old sheriff, reminiscing about the time he had long strolls through the stinging nettles and having wet dreams about dandelion feathers. The character running from the psycho dies off screen, and the terminator manages to keep killing, have a car crash and stroll away

It's a great film. Great endings aren't always the most important thing, it's the 90% that keeps you interested as apposed to a shit film that has a twist to merit 90% of it's mediocre run time.

Anyhow.. the film ending in a brilliantly realistic manner that was anti-Hollywood.

If you want money shots, stick red tube on.

Yeah, the ending was fitting for the film.

It's refreshing that the Coen brothers didn't/don't feel the need to wrap everything up in a nice little bubble for the audience.

Stick to Bond if you want Hollywood endings.

I can see why people might be disappointed with this, but the two posters above are correct - it isn't a neat Hollywood movie and won't draw such clear narrative and moral lines.. It also follows the book, so you cannot criticise the Coens for the plot. They remade True Grit almost frame-for-frame (without the cat!) so they have form in this way.

The ending makes perfect sense if you see it in terms of the coin-flip Sugar is fond of. Fate is random, the car-crash comes out of nowhere, tough shit. The title itself surely reflects that - an uncaring universe, you never know what's going to happen, there is no logic to events. Brolin discovers the money totally by accident. Imagine how the guy in the service station was feeling after he survived the coin flip. TLJ knows this truth and is scared because he fears it, and finally he just walks away from the chase, morally, because he is an old man and he knows his time is gone.

shit but not as bad as sin city. quite possible the worse film I've ever paid to watch. along with pulp fiction. both fucking garbage. predator, brilliant. T2 brilliant. those others? shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.