Worldies against City

Francis Lee for Derby at MR springs to mind. I also remember Gary McCallister scoring a great goal from about 30 yards for Leicester at the North Stand end (might have been the same game Lakey nearly died when swallowing tongue)

I think the Macken goal is the best I've seen against us.

Brian Hamilton for Everton or Ipswich at Maine Rd, He danced around several players and scored a fucking cracker - round about 76/77. Think it was a 1-1 draw (Bell header?). I'm sure it was at Platt Lane end. Or North Stand. Definitely one of those two.

johnnytapia said:
Brian Hamilton for Everton or Ipswich at Maine Rd, He danced around several players and scored a fucking cracker - round about 76/77. Think it was a 1-1 draw (Bell header?). I'm sure it was at Platt Lane end. Or North Stand. Definitely one of those two.

My first game at MR was a 1-1 draw v Ipswich in 1975 with Colin Bell scoring a header from a corner at the North Stand end. Can't remember Ipswich's goal but could've been that game.

Sorry to mention it but was it Rochembacker who scored that screaming free kick for Boro in the 8-1 defeat? Another I seem to remember is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank's free kick can't remember who for? It was about 40 yards out and screamed into the top corner. We couldn't be bothered putting a wall up and Jimmy Floyd just ran up and cracked it in to stunned silence from our home crowd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.