I was wondering..

I love going to matches, whether we win or lose, as long as the players put in a good game & fight to the end I am happy. I also love meeting up with our fans (99.9% of them) and having some banter with them.

I think everyone is happy with city atm its just it all matters so much more these days and some don't know how to handle it. I rolls me eyes at some of the stuff that gets posted on here but i tell you, if we lose i come out with some of the biggest load shite for 10 mins to anyone who's unlucky enough to be in hearin distance, thats why i stay off here for a while after a defeat, i'm so gutted i can't help chattin bollocks.

So, as we know self deprecating humour is a City fans staple response to the laughably bad football we had served up by a club who were close to comical disaster on an almost weekly basis.

But now we have a serious football club to follow many of the City faithful have either chucked that away or not found an environment in which that develops and therefore we now have lots of serious, humourless fans?

fbloke said:
So, as we know self deprecating humour is a City fans staple response to the laughably bad football we had served up by a club who were close to comical disaster on an almost weekly basis.

But now we have a serious football club to follow many of the City faithful have either chucked that away or not found an environment in which that develops and therefore we now have lots of serious, humourless fans?

Sorry pal i think you are wrong.

We have won stuff i never imagined seeing, ive seen us play in Europe at CL level and watched us win at the Allianz and our fans there on the way out sang "we never win at home we never win away" and a german asked me why we were singing it. Thats our history and what we are.

But i will refer back to a post i made earlier. We are Mancunians its in our nature to moan, we moan about everything, trams, Piccadilly Gardens, weather (rain) blah blah blah etc etc.

Manchester is not and never would have been a City with such attitude and such achievement without that chip we seem to carry on our shoulder. As Tony Wilson said "its Manchester we do things different up here" and that counts. We are hard to please, we are hard to impress, we sometimes maybe seem ungrateful in what we have but nonetheless i doubt anyone would swop our heritage. Its we are, we are a challenge, we are both myopic but outward looking, we welcome change but hate change, we are proud of our City but want much more for it.

I dont think Sheikh Mansour could have found a better place to invest in to be honest as well. Manchester has always had foriegn influence, its been a hotbed of politics, a hotbed of protest, a hotbed of innovation but also in my opinion a hotbed of warmth and welcome. Of course we all appreciate whats being done and whats proposed and i love how our club has suddenly evolved from the car crash it was to be a Giant. That cannot be questioned at any level.

Yet i will summise by saying we are Mancunians and the thing we love to do most is a right good fucking whinge.

Is like a "white wall" type place in the family stand. So I could send young un to that section to watch the game safe in the knowledge I'd get him back at the end of the match.

Haha think Rascal got it right there... We're just moaning bastards and it's because of the weather.

When I've lived in Spain I had a permanent smile on my face.
First day I came back to Manchester and I was depressed.

City is superb. Enjoy it lots.
Just a few things myself (and many other blues) would like to see:

1) Cheaper tickets
2) Safe Standing section
3) Increase in Local (From North West) youth players coming into the first team.

Rascal said:
fbloke said:

Sorry pal i think you are wrong.

We have won stuff i never imagined seeing, ive seen us play in Europe at CL level and watched us win at the Allianz and our fans there on the way out sang "we never win at home we never win away" and a german asked me why we were singing it. Thats our history and what we are.

But i will refer back to a post i made earlier. We are Mancunians its in our nature to moan, we moan about everything, trams, Piccadilly Gardens, weather (rain) blah blah blah etc etc.

Manchester is not and never would have been a City with such attitude and such achievement without that chip we seem to carry on our shoulder. As Tony Wilson said "its Manchester we do things different up here" and that counts. We are hard to please, we are hard to impress, we sometimes maybe seem ungrateful in what we have but nonetheless i doubt anyone would swop our heritage. Its we are, we are a challenge, we are both myopic but outward looking, we welcome change but hate change, we are proud of our City but want much more for it.

I dont think Sheikh Mansour could have found a better place to invest in to be honest as well. Manchester has always had foriegn influence, its been a hotbed of politics, a hotbed of protest, a hotbed of innovation but also in my opinion a hotbed of warmth and welcome. Of course we all appreciate whats being done and whats proposed and i love how our club has suddenly evolved from the car crash it was to be a Giant. That cannot be questioned at any level.

Yet i will summise by saying we are Mancunians and the thing we love to do most is a right good fucking whinge.
And uwe's grandad bombed the stretford end. Don't miss that one pal. Great post :-)

bgblue said:
And uwe's grandad bombed the stretford end. Don't miss that one pal. Great post :-)

You slept through most of that hahahhahahaha

Would like to see what my erstwhile friend FB thinks of my reasoning though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.