Subway

I have eaten at Subway in the states (New York and North Carolina)and the UK, and I can safely say there is no difference in terms of product and the appearance of the shop nor the cleanliness

Ducado said:
I have eaten at Subway in the states (New York and North Carolina)and the UK, and I can safely say there is no difference in terms of product and the appearance of the shop nor the cleanliness

One difference i did notice in subway in the states was the actual subs. I went to one in Detroit and got a meatball marinara. In the uk you get 3 meatballs on a 6" sub. In the states they laced it with meatballs, probably 6 or 7 meatballs. Everything was piled on where as in England they count your fucking cucumber they are that tight.

Went in a Subway once, a few years ago. I asked if I could have a plain baguette with ham on. The assistant looked at me as if I had 2 heads (I am not Zaphod Beeblebrox by the way), and said no!! She then went to list what I COULD have, all involving additional shite, so I politely said no thanks and left, heading immediately to a proper butty shop.

Never been back since.

ChicagoBlue said:
dobobobo said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Two Footlong Subway Clubs (Roast beef, turkey, ham, mayo, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, oil & vinegar, salt & pepper) on honey oat bread, £6 after 4pm every day! Can't hardly make it cheaper yourself at home!!

Eat one now (usually split it with my son on the way home from his football practice), spilt the other one for the kids lunch at school next day. Throw in some fruit and a granola bar for £1, got a £2.50 lunch that makes the £4 school lunches look pathetic!

Not sure what the Subways are like in Manc, but around here, we have FOUR in very close proximity to our house, so it's fresh and inexpensive or die!

Subs in Manc are certainly not fresh nor inexpensive. There are some in the suburbs but I find a college is not too far away.

Hard to believe they'll make it over there if what I'm reading on here is anywhere close to true. The places in my neighborhood are spotless, everything is either fresh or it gets refused. He'll, if they even try putting a tomato end on my sarnie I tell them to take it off and use another piece. No fucking about, too much competition! Even the McDonalds here are all updating their interiors and getting rid of the shit 2000s decor. Don't go in them, out use the drive through for a drink or a quick bite on the way home from work at odd hours, but nearly every one it see are new exteriors.

Anyway, it's clear the Subways here are a damn sight better than what you are being "treated" to over there. Too bad. I actually grabbed another "Two for $10" and the second one is in the fridge, already pre-wrapped into two six-inchers, so that my son has his lunch for tomorrow during football practice, and the daughter has something to eat when she rolls out of bed at lunchtime!! Meanwhile, Daddy will be on the couch watching wall to wall Premier League football in NBCSN!!! Nirvana!!

They have already made it over here. Despite being a Mancunian, I have never been to one in Manchester but I work in Reading and there are at least three within a short distance of my office. There are loads of them. Also, plenty of them are up to the standards of US. In fact, one of my great regrets in life is that back in the early 90's when I first encountered subway in Orlando, when wife and I were trying to do a, relativley, cheap holiday, I didn't try and get the franchise rights for the UK: we did seriously consider it!

As to the quality of Subway, it is fast food using processed meat; it's not fine dining. The concept is better than the content but I like haute cuisine and I also like salami. I never go to Greggs but I do occasionally go to Subway. If I want a sandwich made by someone other then myself, I usually go to M&S or Pret but I try to avoid wheat much of the time.

crazyg said:
Went in a Subway once, a few years ago. I asked if I could have a plain baguette with ham on. The assistant looked at me as if I had 2 heads (I am not Zaphod Beeblebrox by the way), and said no!! She then went to list what I COULD have, all involving additional shite, so I politely said no thanks and left, heading immediately to a proper butty shop.

Never been back since.

That username has been hard earnt, I see.

I have eaten Subway once and will never eat the utter filth again.

Unrelated pic posted because I can.

bk_blow_job_ad(2).jpg

dazdon said:
I have eaten Subway once and will never eat the utter filth again.

Unrelated pic posted because I can.

bk_blow_job_ad(2).jpg

I don't go in Burger King but I do go past one and I'm not sure they do those in the uk

It looks tasty

I don't think they ever look like they do in the pic bob.

Eating a burger from any of the main outlets is like getting a date on a website only to find the profile pic is 40 years old and the "Experience" is tainted by imaginative propaganda by the advertiser.

<I'm 6ft 6 inches and built like Adonis btw>

dazdon said:

Eating a burger from any of the main outlets is like getting a date on a website only to find the profile pic is 40 years old and the "Experience" is tainted by imaginative propaganda by the advertiser.

Lol

The macdonalds in Egypt were huge. 4 burgers on a Big Mac , a quarter pounder was 2 huge burgers and called a royal "something" fries were double the size of ours and drinks were enormous and about 90p each.
mega-mac.jpg

bobmcfc said:
dazdon said:

Lol

The macdonalds in Egypt were huge. 4 burgers on a Big Mac , a quarter pounder was 2 huge burgers and called a royal "something" fries were double the size of ours and drinks were enormous and about 90p each.
mega-mac.jpg
Bloody hell that's 2 big macs stuck together!! Would of thought that would have been more for the USA market not Egypt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.