About The Beatles, She Loves You...

Exeter Blue I am here said:
mad4city said:
Sorry, I can't provide a link but well, if you can't lay your hands on a copy of this particular song, your opinion is pretty much invalid to me anyway. So, I've just been listening to it and, brace yourself but...

That little riff George Harrison plays is different every time. It sounds the same but it's different.

There! I've said it!
Don't know if I am the last person in the world to notice this or, more likely, the only sad bastard in the world who cares.
Anyway, it's been on my mind for the last hour. So I thought I'd set it free here rather than, you know, in the real world, where they have needles and straight jackets and stuff.

It's a fantastic track, probably my favourite of all time by any band. I never get tired of it, even now, well over 35 years since I first heard it. Electrifying from start to finish, from opening with the chorus to ending on a 6th, both innovations virtually unheard of before. And the measure of it (and the same goes for "I wanna hold your hand"), is that it's virtually impossible to emulate. Whilst you can replicate some Beatles songs pretty faithfully and put your own mark on others, I've never seen anyone come close to capturing the essence or excitement of "She loves you", and very few even bother to try. Stuart Maconie has it in his "50 most influential British songs" (or something similar) book, and describes it roughly as the moment the country switched from the buttoned up era of MacMillan to the swinging sixties. Sounds about right

I don't share your devotion to The Beatles (The Stones and The Who are more my thing from that era) but I do own a few of their albums. I always say that Maggie Mae was the first song that I loved but this song is quite simply the first memorable pop tune that I ever heard and it stands as one of the greatest singles ever released - it sits at the top table. Not my favourite song by any means but a brilliant and significant one.

Are there any Beatles vinyl collectors out there? I have a query about the Christmas fan club flexi discs they send out via the fan club.

mad4city said:
Sorry, I can't provide a link but well, if you can't lay your hands on a copy of this particular song, your opinion is pretty much invalid to me anyway. So, I've just been listening to it and, brace yourself but...

That little riff George Harrison plays is different every time. It sounds the same but it's different.

There! I've said it!
Don't know if I am the last person in the world to notice this or, more likely, the only sad bastard in the world who cares.
Anyway, it's been on my mind for the last hour. So I thought I'd set it free here rather than, you know, in the real world, where they have needles and straight jackets and stuff.
Not read any of the thread, fucking tune. That is all x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.