Time to Ban E Cigs

I think posters with a vested interest In peddling this poison should declare it in their posts.

Cigarettes result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people every year.

Why is there such a push to ban E-cigs but not the same enthusiasm to ban cigarettes altogether?

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Cigarettes result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people every year.

Why is there such a push to ban E-cigs but not the same enthusiasm to ban cigarettes altogether?

Because cigarettes are regulated and make the government, tobacco companies & pharmaceutical companies billions of pounds

E-cigs are currently not regulated and make the aforementioned nothing

Hence the scaremongering and push for regulation

E-cigs are now a multi billion industry and the powers that be want a slice of the pie

They genuinely couldn't give a f**k about people's health..even the ones who pretend to be concerned

kinkysleftfoot said:
The big tobacco companies spent millions trying to prove these things didn't work and were harmful, they could find no evidence whatsoever, it's only recently they have started to come on board

I welcome regulation as it would get rid of all the cowboys on the markets etc, but to
ban something that's saving people's lives and is the best quitting aid on the market is just plan stupid

I spend a lot money getting my liquids tested in government approved UK laboratories for content and quality, we now have doctors sending people to the shops.

I agree with the above, well put. These alternative methods of having your nicotine fix are in competition with the big tobacco companies and they don't like it one bit. The ecigs have stopped my 20 a day habit for 25 years and I haven't had a combustible cigarette for 16 months, and I was really sceptical when I first started with my ecig.
In response to an earlier post, most don't look like a cig, don't smell like a cig and don't taste like a cig. If I stand near a "smoker" I stink of their 2nd hand smoke. My Mrs used to hate the smell of me after a cig but now she can't smell a thing since I started vaping.
There is NO evidence these things are harmful. But then again it can't be proved they're not harmful either. I am happy to take my chances and hope I'm not forced back into smoking if these are banned. It's my choice and I don't want to stop having my nicotine before the numpty response of "well just stop altogether then" as it's like saying to an overweight person, just stop eating all the crap. Freedom of choice, not nanny state please.

Mike D said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Mike D said:
They said the same about Skoal Bandits too won't harm anyone then people started popping up with mouth cancer and teeth falling out.

The science research is very limited and mostly funded by tobacco company lobbyist (not bias honest). This is the World Health Organisation who are calling for this ban and they know their onions.

I cant believe it but I agree with you about something! I don't think the WHO actually have any evidence of harm but bearing in mind the Skoal Bandit fiasco its better to be safe than sorry.

Exactly just because some poor f*cker hasn't jossed it yet or they've not force some poor beagle has been forced to e-cig itself to death that makes it okay for some people? They are cig's just packaged in the same way still more than likely causing the same shit as the proper ones so should be treated in the same way.

tosh, why don't you do your homework before posting shit, their are '''4000''' yes four thousand chemicals in tobacco 69 of those cause cancer, their are 3 main ingredients to e-juice and non are harmful, nicotine is not a killer, well i suppose it is if you drink it but so is fairy liquid if you drink enough

denislawsbackheel said:
I think posters with a vested interest In peddling this poison should declare it in their posts.
Oxygen is poisonous. We have to eat anti-oxidants to help stop the damage oxygen does to our cells.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.