Time to Ban E Cigs

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Mike D said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
E-cigarettes saved my life and ensured I am here to see my kids grow up

Come on that's just taking things a bit far nobody knows what damage they do and its just plain ignorance to pretend they have medical benefits .

Before ecigs I was inhaling cancerous smoke into my lungs and had a cough like I was at deaths door

Now, after two years on ecigs according to my doctor I have lungs akin to me never having smoked at all

I'd say that was a 'medical benefit' wouldn't you?

Cigarettes kill
Same here Ian, I've been on Ecigs for over two years, my lung capacity is back to normal, my dreadful cough has gone .

EastStandLower said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Mike D said:
Come on that's just taking things a bit far nobody knows what damage they do and its just plain ignorance to pretend they have medical benefits .

Before ecigs I was inhaling cancerous smoke into my lungs and had a cough like I was at deaths door

Now, after two years on ecigs according to my doctor I have lungs akin to me never having smoked at all

I'd say that was a 'medical benefit' wouldn't you?

Cigarettes kill
Same here Ian, I've been on Ecigs for over two years, my lung capacity is back to normal, my dreadful cough has gone .

that's brilliant news.

smokers take note. get an e cig, you'll still look a dick but at least you'll be around to watch city win the CL.

Been on the ecigs now bout 2 years, I'm healthier, fitter, don't smell like an ashtray, (usually smell like watermelon or caramel) richer got more energy, better looking and a snappy dresser.
To ban ecigs could possibly take 10 years off my life, as I'm sure I would be back on the cancer sticks in no time at all...

Dubai Blue said:
Sad Pie said:
There is NO evidence these things are harmful. But then again it can't be proved they're not harmful either.
Given the latter, I'd say it's fair enough to err on the side of caution and ban their use indoors until it can be categorically proven that there is no long-term risk to other people. I smoke and would love to have the option of using these, but unfortunately they're banned completely over here.

I think the point SadPie is making is that it is impossible to prove a negative, so there will never be 'proof' that e cigs present no risk. It then is just a case of risk, so is an e cig more or less harmful than a real cigarette ? Given the known carcinogens and other toxic substances proven to be present in tobacco smoke, I would think its a no brainer, but what do I know compared to the World health organisation.

blueincy said:
The WHO there just trying to take it Underground

Sorry my bad, it was the JAM.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1ct5yEuVY[/video]

I've tried ecigs and found I was using it far too much, bit like a dummy. My mate used them for about 3 years and was getting out of breath going up the stairs - he's a relatively fit bloke so was concerned and sought medical opinion. The consultant told him that although ecigs contained none of the nasty toxins that real cigs do they obviously contained nicotine and people tended to use them more than real cigs, sucking on them all the time. The increased amounts of nicotine he was having were causing his arteries to clog up, he's only in his 40's. He jacked in the ecigs and went back to real ones but cutting down slowly and hopefully will give up. Within a month of stopping the ecigs his shortness of breath had gone.

How does every one else use their ecigs? Just like. Few drags an hour or more or otherwise?

BlueBearBoots said:
I've tried ecigs and found I was using it far too much, bit like a dummy. My mate used them for about 3 years and was getting out of breath going up the stairs - he's a relatively fit bloke so was concerned and sought medical opinion. The consultant told him that although ecigs contained none of the nasty toxins that real cigs do they obviously contained nicotine and people tended to use them more than real cigs, sucking on them all the time. The increased amounts of nicotine he was having were causing his arteries to clog up, he's only in his 40's. He jacked in the ecigs and went back to real ones but cutting down slowly and hopefully will give up. Within a month of stopping the ecigs his shortness of breath had gone.

How does every one else use their ecigs? Just like. Few drags an hour or more or otherwise?

Tell him about these Tablets. Two and a half years later I still dont Smoke, so they do work.
The reason I gave up was because I was also out of breath going up stairs through Smoking that and being a fat ****, still a bit portly but can do the stairs in 2.5 seconds without gasping for breath.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/varenicline-champixr

blueincy said:
BlueBearBoots said:

Tell him about these Tablets. Two and a half years later I still dont Smoke, so they do work.
The reason I gave up was because I was also out of breath going up stairs through Smoking that and being a fat c**t, still a bit portly but can do the stairs in 2.5 seconds without gasping for breath.

Thanks will do.

I gave up smoking for 3 years but started again gutted I will have to go through all that withdrawal shit again at some point :(

blueincy said:
BlueBearBoots said:

The reason I gave up was because I was also out of breath going up stairs through Smoking that and being a fat c**t, still a bit portly but can do the stairs in 2.5 seconds without gasping for breath.

not the old champix, well what a drug and it does exactly as it says on the tin, i went on these in the states under a sister brand name, you carry on smoking as normal and on the third or fourth day you will puke your guts up with the stench of fags, then you stop smoking with no withdraw symptoms at all ''but and their always is a but'' the night dreams were out of this world dreams that would put Spielberg to shame not a bad thing if you have a good one but i had to stop taking them in case i had a bad one, they were so real, if your thinking about this drug just google champix dreams, i would seriously advise NOT to take this drug

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.