Rotherham child abuse scandal

Race should remain an undertone here, not the headline.

We had some vile rapists who were given licence simply by dint of being an ethnic minority. Politicised local authority officials and craven senior coppers valued "community cohesion" over pathetic, abused girls.

Two heads of Children's Services (£100k + p.a.) are implicated. One dismissed it as "only" 2.3% of relevant case-load and clings to her post. The other now holds a Police & Crime Commissioner sinecure and is fcuked if he's going to relinquish it. No sir, no fcukin way.

The parents of the said abused kids either remain silent or blame the authorities. The regulatory body, as usual, was asleep on watch. Meanwhile the politicos look to score points while having no intention of actually doing anything.

Nobody feels accountable, nobody has been disciplined and nobody will really give a fcuk as long as they can survive in their shitty jobs.

And so we lay bare our very sick and very expensive public sector, our cynical politicians and a chattering class that's grown fat on branding every dissenter a racist.

Been in Frankfurt this week and the second I walked into the office this morning the receptionist said "oh my god, what is happening in Yorkshire"

She then went on a major rant about the Turks in Germany...

They have it just as bad there but I imagine that's related to over tolerance in light of the war years

dazdon said:
Crab Paste! said:
However, the authorities and organisations that were meant to care and look after them, seem to have thought of them as less than human too. The establishment thinks of them as less than human, and society at large doesn't really like to think about them at all

Good post m8 and a lot to mull over for sure.

I've quoted the part that I believe is the crux of the problem (Someone upthread mentioned class as a dynamic) and your reference to the establishment and power brokers not doing anything to protect these children.

The system that failed these children needs tearing down and the incumbent occupants made to pay for their unwillingness to do their jobs. They made it easier for predators which in this particular instance happen to be Pakistani men to get away with their crimes.....in exactly the same way the establishment quietened down allegations against famous nonces which are coming to light now.

At the present moment in time I don't want to see promises that strategies will be put in place and that protocols will be pushed into service to ensure this never happens again.

I want to see punishment and court cases and people thrown in jail for not doing their jobs and for being accessories to a crime that sickens everyone.

So, if we say the first two points are true (though personally I feel there are some fairly big assumptions there), but that aside then surely the points regarding the attitudes of authorities, organisations and the establishemt are allowed to happen due to the last point. Society is? All of us.

BigJimLittleJim said:
racism is evil and needs to be fought at every opportunity, why the fuck are some people loving the chance to accuse whole races and religions of negative traits?

Does racism and religion trump paedophilia?

BlueRob01 said:
dazdon said:
Crab Paste! said:
However, the authorities and organisations that were meant to care and look after them, seem to have thought of them as less than human too. The establishment thinks of them as less than human, and society at large doesn't really like to think about them at all

Good post m8 and a lot to mull over for sure.

I've quoted the part that I believe is the crux of the problem (Someone upthread mentioned class as a dynamic) and your reference to the establishment and power brokers not doing anything to protect these children.

The system that failed these children needs tearing down and the incumbent occupants made to pay for their unwillingness to do their jobs. They made it easier for predators which in this particular instance happen to be Pakistani men to get away with their crimes.....in exactly the same way the establishment quietened down allegations against famous nonces which are coming to light now.

At the present moment in time I don't want to see promises that strategies will be put in place and that protocols will be pushed into service to ensure this never happens again.

I want to see punishment and court cases and people thrown in jail for not doing their jobs and for being accessories to a crime that sickens everyone.

So, if we say the first two points are true (though personally I feel there are some fairly big assumptions there), but that aside then surely the points regarding the attitudes of authorities, organisations and the establishemt are allowed to happen due to the last point. Society is? All of us.

I'm absolutely positive you are reading another thread because that's twice you've posted something that has no relation to the thread you posted in.

Challenger1978 said:
BigJoe#1 said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
racism is evil and needs to be fought at every opportunity, why the fuck are some people loving the chance to accuse whole races and religions of negative traits?

I wouldn't even bother you're posting on bluemoonistan.

The message is thus...

It's OK to sacrifice a few girls of the underclass as long as we don't give ammunition to who we think are racists.

Although they are probably not but it's best not to take that chance.

dazdon said:
Challenger1978 said:
BigJoe#1 said:

The message is thus...

It's OK to sacrifice a few girls of the underclass as long as we don't give ammunition to who we think are racists.

That's not what I said and definitely not what I meant Daz you poo-stirrer!

And as for an evil ranking higher or lower than another kind, well, that's a tough one for the courts to decide I should think, but in an ideal world we would be stamping them all out wouldn't we?

And that's my point from way back, the police and people in a position to act against these nonces failed to act, and used political correctness as an excuse to mask the real reasons they let these girls down - amongst which I would suggest they didn't fancy the hard graft nicking these gangs, when the girls themselves more often than not thought they were "boyfriends" and wouldn't testify! I would bet good money these cops also considered the girls in care to be scum of the earth as well, so not worth the effort.

BigJimLittleJim said:
dazdon said:
Challenger1978 said:
[/b]

The message is thus...

And as for an evil ranking higher or lower than another kind, well, that's a tough one for the courts to decide I should think, but in an ideal world we would be stamping them all out wouldn't we?

And that's my point from way back, the police and people in a position to act against these nonces failed to act, and used political correctness as an excuse to mask the real reasons they let these girls down - amongst which I would suggest they didn't fancy the hard graft nicking these gangs, when the girls themselves more often than not thought they were "boyfriends" and wouldn't testify! I would bet good money these cops also considered the girls in care to be scum of the earth as well, so not worth the effort.

I'd agree with all of that apart from the poo stirring m8 ;-)

To be honest it's pretty spot on.

dazdon said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
dazdon said:
The message is thus...

I'd agree with all of that apart from the poo stirring m8 ;-)

To be honest it's pretty spot on.

I had a bit of a rant earlier on and didn't put across what I thought very well mate, and I really am angry at the plod and the powers that be for once again making a smokescreen to hide their own mistakes - if they came clean in the first place you could almost forgive them for being disillusioned and so on when the victims themselves didn't want helping in many cases - they thought these lads were their boyfriends who loved them and bought them fags, booze and pressies - but obviously a large number of girls DID want something doing, and to let them down is downright criminal, heads should roll, but doubtless it won't be the real villains of the piece who get it :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.