City v Stoke Post Match Thread

Bobbins today right from the start.

With the ability in that team it is hard to fathom why we don't go for the jugular right from the start.

Off day

Move on

KippaxCitizen said:
GaudinoMotors said:
bluebobom said:
A game like that, with a team parking the bus:

6 times out of ten we'll eventually break them down, get a goal, and sometimes three or four once they have to start opening up.
3 times out of ten we'll draw,
and once every so often they'll defend really well and hit us on the break like today.

Obviously I'm gutted we lost, but more often than not we get 3 points in these sorts of matches. This afternoon was the exception. Move on.

An excellent summing up
The thing is, they didn't particularly park the bus. When we had possession in our half their back four pushed right up and they pressed us high. They dropped deeper, naturally, as we sslloowwllyy passed it up the pitch into the final third. But I wouldn't describe their play as parking the bus today.

They did sit back when they got their lead but that was well into the second half. By the time they scored we'd only created two chances in the whole game.
If that was not bus the way Stoke played then I don't know what is. all players behind the ball most of the time as we had possession almost constantly. Reminded me of the Chelsea bus at Liverpool last season.

Stoke fully deserved the win and if anything 1-0 flatters us. Not a single player of ours can hold their heads up after that performance, even Silva was shite and that's something I've never had to say before. Their goal summed up the whole game from our perspective, shambolic.

Stoke came for a draw and got lucky with a break away goal. To say they deserved their win is stretching it a bit

Truly shocking and embarrassing result.
The blame lies totally with the manager for feeling the need to change a winning side, why having just won 2 on the trot?, I just don't get it.
That coupled with the players I don't give a shit attitude gave Stoke the result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.