City v Stoke Post Match Thread

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Don't understand people slating individual players, it's a team game, and particularly today was an off day for one and all.
Oh that's ok then ,nothing wrong then with the lack of pace and width.
Just an off day for a few individuals that on another day will be alright on the night.

growl said:
Yaya had our best 4 chances. One well saved, one blocked and 2 grazed the bar. Agreed he looked a bit lazy but he always does. Not sure he merits some of the critisism he has attracted today.

Indeed. How many chances did Jovetic have? None! He was totally invisible and should have been taken off at half time.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
Count me in as well. If one of our attempts had sneaked in and several things hadn't gone right for them in a row leading to Diouf's goal, we'd probably all be pretty happy with the performance. Not our best form, but far from our worst - it reminded me of a Mancini-era performance against a team that parks the bus. As noted above, we could play exactly the same way and win that game 6 or 7 times out of 10.

It's hard not to be heavily influenced by the result, but you have to look at how we play regardless of the result (and that goes for games we win as well). Don't forget we had some similar games at the back end of last season that could easily have gone the same way, but in those games we eventually got the goal we needed and the rest is history.

Okay, that's the best I can do - now back to being pissed off that we lost and that I have 2 weeks to dwell on it...

I am hugely pissed off and there is no denying that we totally lacked magic and sparkle but the facts show that we dominated possession, had a reasonable pass completion (88%) , had 11 corners, 16 shots....

It's the fact that we don't learn that wicks me off. Every time we face a Pulis or Hughes side, full of 6ft 4' giants, determined to park a dirty great bus, we always end up making an almighty ordeal of it. Pellegrini got it totally wrong for me today, much as Mancini always did in these circs. You have to have some pace out wide when you play these bastards, you can't chip the ball hopefully in to a 5ft 8' centre forward surrounded by enormous defenders, and you have to move the ball quickly from side to side. Nasri and Ya Ya killed our tempo today, and the latter of those is playing in such a half arsed fashion generally, I suspect he will not be here next season.
Every time I watched Sagna play for Arsenal, he bombed forward and whipped in some evil crosses. First game or not today he was a pile of shit. Poor distribution out of defence and never once got beyond his opposite number.
Kompany was the only one who earned his corn today and even he fucked up for the goal. Only after Navas and Dzeko, who has been our go to guy against the bus parkers, came on did we start to get in behind Stoke.
As to Joe Hart, beaten again by a piss weak shot at the left hand near post, I suspect his days are numbered.
Even allowing for that utter c**t Lee Mason, that was an absolute shitbag performance today from all concerned. This season will be tighter than ever and we can't afford a repetition.

Why the f**k is everyone blaming Komps for the goal? Kolorov should have hauled Diouf down and took a yellow for the team and the last man was FERNANDINHO. Kompany was still on the edge of their box as the ball crossed the line as a result from a p**s poor corner/cross by Silva.

Len Rum said:
sh249 said:
Desperately poor performance, got exactly what we deserved.

Put it behind us and move on.

No , learn from what we did wrong and put it right.

Not simply forget about it and carry on committing the same mistakes. I.e re run of the first forty minutes against Dippers.
What we did wrong was have a collective off day. Tactically, we were generally fine - perhaps we could have started Navas, but we had width from Kolarov and Sagna, and pace is not of any great help if our passing is - as it was today - woefully sloppy and slow, allowing the other team to get organised and defend their final third. Seldom will you ever see Silva, Nasri and Yaya all so slack in possession.

sh249 said:
Len Rum said:
sh249 said:
Desperately poor performance, got exactly what we deserved.

Put it behind us and move on.

Not simply forget about it and carry on committing the same mistakes. I.e re run of the first forty minutes against Dippers.
What we did wrong was have a collective off day. Tactically, we were generally fine - perhaps we could have started Navas, but we had width from Kolarov and Sagna, and pace is not of any great help if our passing is - as it was today - woefully sloppy and slow, allowing the other team to get organised and defend their final third. Seldom will you ever see Silva, Nasri and Yaya all so slack in possession.

Sorry mate, not looking to slate Sagna either, but he didn't give us any width or get forward at all like Zabba normally does.

Juan King said:
sh249 said:
Len Rum said:

Sorry mate, not looking to slate Sagna either, but he didn't give us any width or get forward at all like Zabba normally does.
I agree completely that he did not play especially well, and we certainly did miss Zaba. But he did give us width; in fact, I think part of the problem was that he simply stayed right out wide and did not make any of the runs that Zaba usually makes both beyond and inside the opposition fullback.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Quagmire blue said:
Stoke fully deserved the win and if anything 1-0 flatters us. Not a single player of ours can hold their heads up after that performance, even Silva was shite and that's something I've never had to say before. Their goal summed up the whole game from our perspective, shambolic.

I can't think where Stoke would have scored another goal, unless Mason were to give a goal when it was a throw-in!
crouch header second half across the face had hart rooted..as per
That header and the one straight after their goal where they smashed it across goal and their player (diouf?) just missed it.

Quagmire blue said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I can't think where Stoke would have scored another goal, unless Mason were to give a goal when it was a throw-in!
crouch header second half across the face had hart rooted..as per
That header and the one straight after their goal where they smashed it across goal and their player (diouf?) just missed it.

Scary thing is that Stoke created MORE clear cut chances than we did - SHOCKING when you come to think of it.

I come in peace as a loyal stokie.

Went the game today and watching you today was like us against villa on our 1st home game.

I do think u underestimated us, u are not yet working to your full performance like last season.

A lot of your lot state that we parked the bus. Both teams only had 2 shots on target.

It seems like us (except when playing top 4) it seems possession figures mean more than the dangerous driving runs. Against both villa and hull we had all the possession but it was like watching England... All at the back and with the keeper.

I guess were just better at counter attack football nowadays. Last season we beat Chelsea, arsenal, manure drew to you boys. Just can't seem to finish of shit teams!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.