United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimbopm said:
Their central defence and central midfield is still rank average.

Falcao coming does not fix that glaring problem because they will only be able to play 2 players up front at a time, with Rooney being captain does that mean Van Persie is in the shade?

Di Maria will get exposed if he plays in the centre, just like Rojo or Blind will. Don't forget Rojo was poor as a centre half playing for Sporting and made his name at the world cup playing Left Back. Blind is also primarily a wing back. Luke Shaw is not ready, one season at a mid-table club does not a £30m full back make.

Mata is showing why Chelsea were keen to get rid, Januzaj is hugely over rated IMO.

The rest of their team reads like this:

Smalling, Jones, Evans, Valencia, Young, Carrick, Fletcher, Fellaini. De Gea is good but will still be picking up balls out of the back of his net more often than he would like.

All of this money they have spent has only just caught them back up to the level of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. I still think we are the best team in the country, we proved it last year, we'll prove it again.

Blind and Herrera could be a very good midfield pairing, honestly.

Their defense is still an absolute joke, but how much longer until they throw dosh at that? Maybe they miss the top 4 this year, but right back in title contention next year.

Utds front entrance today.

elf-revolving-door-o.gif

Andouble said:

Their defense is still an absolute joke, but how much longer until they throw dosh at that? Maybe they miss the top 4 this year, but right back in title contention next year.
Do you think they could go from practically mid table to challenging for the title? I suppose Liverpool just did it without European distractions. I can't see it happening this season though. If they fail to make the CL they lose a fortune in sponsorship deals, not to mention the TV revenue and prize money for competing. It's unbelievably damaging to miss out. Two seasons out after this kind of investment would surely be catastrophic? The thing is LVG isn't a shit coach. I'm not sure I trust Liverpool and Arsenal to keep them out if he finds a way to make that unbalanced mess of a squad click. He'll have to make some bold decisions like dropping Mata or Rooney, but he may well do it and take the hit.

Castiel said:
Andouble said:

Do you think they could go from practically mid table to challenging for the title? I suppose Liverpool just did it without European distractions. I can't see it happening this season though. If they fail to make the CL they lose a fortune in sponsorship deals, not to mention the TV revenue and prize money for competing. It's unbelievably damaging to miss out. Two seasons out after this kind of investment would surely be catastrophic? The thing is LVG isn't a shit coach. I'm not sure I trust Liverpool and Arsenal to keep them out if he finds a way to make that unbalanced mess of a squad click. He'll have to make some bold decisions like dropping Mata or Rooney, but he may well do it and take the hit.
If they cant challenge for the title with Di maria, Rooney, Mata, van persie and falcao something is seriously wrong in that dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.