Disabled and Free Parking

Nowt to do with ability to pay, but more the fact that disabled are forced to drive rather than walk or public transport for many journey's.

oakiecokie said:
OxBlue said:
Nowt to do with ability to pay, but more the fact that disabled are forced to drive rather than walk or public transport for many journey's.

But thats why they receive additional monies (DLA) to help pay for transport/taxis etc.

Fucking typical. They get money for taxis and still expect free parking spaces. Good fortune indeed smiles upon the disabled.

Helmet Cole said:
oakiecokie said:
OxBlue said:

But thats why they receive additional monies (DLA) to help pay for transport/taxis etc.

Fucking typical. They get money for taxis and still expect free parking spaces. Good fortune indeed smiles upon the disabled.

Are you in full time employment ?

Helmet Cole said:
oakiecokie said:
OxBlue said:

lol

oakiecokie said:
Helmet Cole said:
oakiecokie said:

Are you in full time employment ?
No, I'm a teacher!

rickmcfc said:
Can someone please explain why if you're disabled you get to park in a lot of places for free? I agree with special disabled places nearer to entrances etc, but why should it be free?

Because in lots of cases being disabled you have no option but to drive to go to places. Isolation is a major problem for lots of disabled people and putting a price barrier in the way of being less isolated is not a good thing because most disabled people are not rich. Contrary to Tory scapegoating and scaremongering, most disabled people are not living the high life on benefits. Most are scraping by on benefits and cant work as the support structures that would allow them to work have been removed during this "time of austerity". The cost of administering a fair system to determine which disabled people need free parking and which dont would outway any savings, so they all get it.

Dont worry though I am sure Slimey Dave and the spineless one will get rid of free parking for the disabled if they have enough time in office. How else will they be able to afford more cuts to the top rate of income tax? Of course i jest, there are lots of ways to screw over the vulnerable in society, so making the rich richer is easy.

Why don't they just remove their dodgy legs and replace them with wheels? Would save a lot of hassle all round. Or just put tents in the disabled parking spaces and they can live there? Saves them the messing about of getting to and from the supermarket

rickmcfc said:
stonerblue said:
rickmcfc said:
Can someone please explain why if you're disabled you get to park in a lot of places for free? I agree with special disabled places nearer to entrances etc, but why should it be free?

Because a car is a necessity for disabled people. They cannot walk to the shops.

I agree they should have special parking bays, but you didn't answer my question as to why they are free.

Firstly, they are not all free. I think most council run car parks are but lots private run ones charge the normal rate.

Secondly, it's all in here ...

http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN01360.pdf

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.