Hull City up for sale

BigOscar said:
Good luck selling a club nowadays. Can't invest your money in it, can't change the branding, why would anyone want to buy a football club if you aren't allowed to make any changes? Feel sorry for the Hull fans, I can't imagine this will end well for them.

And who can they blame if they go under ?? FFP. that's who.

No sheikh billionaire coming over the hill on a white charger.

East Level 2 said:
So have we always been called Manchester City and have we always played in all sky blue? Oh shit I forgot, you can change shorts colours but not shirt colours.
As for Hull; the entire fish-fingered mob can fuck right off. Fifteen (or possible sixteen) quid for Stoke fans a couple of weeks ago and fifty quid when we roll into town. Piss-taking retards.

Hang on a minute. The Piss-taking retards ? The person that has decided to rip City fans off is the very owner the 'Piss-taking retards' are complaining about. The loyal, die hard Hull fan does not decide how much to charge the away fans, Mr Megalomaniac owner who wants to name them Hull Tigers does.

Blue Mist said:
East Level 2 said:
So have we always been called Manchester City and have we always played in all sky blue? Oh shit I forgot, you can change shorts colours but not shirt colours.
As for Hull; the entire fish-fingered mob can fuck right off. Fifteen (or possible sixteen) quid for Stoke fans a couple of weeks ago and fifty quid when we roll into town. Piss-taking retards.

Hang on a minute. The Piss-taking retards ? The person that has decided to rip City fans off is the very owner the 'Piss-taking retards' are complaining about. The loyal, die hard Hull fan does not decide how much to charge the away fans, Mr Megalomaniac owner who wants to name them Hull Tigers does.

Put much more eloquently than I might have offered Blue Mist.

I may well have been tempted to call him a fuckwit.

moomba said:
They had a pretty clear choice to make. Accept Allams money and give him the right to run the club as he sees fit, or say no to name changes but don't expect him to keep putting his hand in his pocket.

They wanted a bit each way, but it will be interesting to see if they regret the stance they took.
It's the FA rejecting it which has led to this move. The fans narrowly voted for it.

True but it was pressure from the fans that influenced the FA decision.

yeah whatever !! said:
BigOscar said:
Good luck selling a club nowadays. Can't invest your money in it, can't change the branding, why would anyone want to buy a football club if you aren't allowed to make any changes? Feel sorry for the Hull fans, I can't imagine this will end well for them.

And who can they blame if they go under ?? FFP. that's who.

No sheikh billionaire coming over the hill on a white charger.

Villa have been for sale for some time also havent they. Not easy to sell a club now due to ffp as no chance of ever competiting at the top

moomba said:
The media seemed a lot more bothered about it than the Hull fans. The fans didn't even bust out the Norwich scarves, the universal sign of protest

moomba said:

What's it got to do with the FA ? Should be left to the fans and owners, a small club in a deprived part of the UK, I can understand why the owner wanted to change the name if it attracts fans and investment from other parts of the world. Too many institutions with no investment at risk with too much to say, should have gone with the fans and owner. This is exactly the kind of situation that will give FFP legs if it all goes wrong, you can see the headlines now "sugar daddy leaves club in the lurch"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.