Lancashire CCC

tidyman said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
tidyman said:
Trouble with that is all the days you're wasting when games are over in four, three and even two days.

Test cricket should be the only games over five days in my opinion.
you get far more games than end up in draws due to rain delays, a reserve 5th day would be ideal, plus it challenges county players in the 5-day format which is a positive imo.

Yeah but if it's a rainy week, chances are the fifth day is gonna be rainy to.

The amount of cricket days the weather allows in this country are few enough as it is without wasting them on reserve days that mainly won't be used.

And my main point is that test cricket is special because it's different from what is played at any other time.

well I'm sick of all these draws, if you remove a number of games you free up space in the calendar, make it more competitive and can fit in reserve days, if you lose a day to rain you then have a 3 day game, which is just silly. If a session's worth of play is lost they should either make it up under lights or play the extra session(s) on a reserve day, up to the value of another full day's play.

A win and 3 bonus points required to avoid relegation. Potentially going down to the wire.

Does anyone know why James Anderson isn't playing in this match?

Monkey Boy Blue said:
A win and 3 bonus points required to avoid relegation. Potentially going down to the wire.

England want their bowlers to have a certain amount of rest weeks before the next test

Bluemoonie92 said:
Monkey Boy Blue said:

England want their bowlers to have a certain amount of rest weeks before the next test

Two full months of rest?

Monkey Boy Blue said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
Monkey Boy Blue said:

Two full months of rest?

Think they said six weeks

Lancet Fluke said:
Looking good 134-6. Not that the bowling is really the issue.
Another wicket. If we bowl them out for less than 200 (no Middlesex batting points) I give us a real chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.