so this agenda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluemc1 said:
ill have the Media going over the top on United and all that, the headline the day after we beat them 4-1 last year saying "the day English football died" left me in no doubt but I'm not having bent refs, we got 2 huge decisions last year, the Sterling offside and the Newcastle goal would be given 99% of the time, can't think of many we didn't get, the Skertel handball at Anfield maybe but even with that i just don't think it was seen,
The 1st year we won it the bloke everyone says is the biggest red and has a United Tattoo Webb didn't send off Ballotelli and gave us a last minute pen v Spurs. with refs i just think its human nature and human error

It's human nature & human error but it's often influenced by media pressure & part of that is deliberately engineered by managers/clubs etc, especially those with more friends or supporters in the media. They all use the media to help themselves & hinder others. The ones with the biggest media support will obviously get the biggest positive advantage. We are well down the list.

Just as an example, Ferguson's constant pressing of referees was no accident. It's designed to get them to favour his team. Not to get the refs to do it on purpose, but to influence them in that split second, when their mind is weighing up the pros & cons of a decision. Somewhere in the deepest back of their mind, is the ragtops & the radio shows & the 'fuming Sir Alex' on tv, all blaming you for 'costing them'. Rarely will they all turn round & tell Sir Alex he's full of shit, like they implied all the time with Mancini. (The 'card waving' attack by the media on Bob being an example).

We see it all the time with Mourinho, Wenger & now Rodgers, all trying the same trick. The last year or two, these people have also been pushing the idea of City being 'cheats'. As well as the sheer nastiness involved, that's another subconcious message to referees. City are a club which cheats, so therefore you need to think that little bit more about awarding them a penalty, then think about the irate manager on tv etc etc, all of this is in the back of a refs mind, they are only human. If they get two key decisions per season go in their favour, which may not otherwise have gone their way, it has worked.

If Yaya's so called 'dive' v Chelsea is Ronaldo, in a rag shirt, can we be certain Mike Dean doesn't give it as a pen ?

If this shit didn't work, Derren Brown wouldn't have a job.

Neville Kneville said:
bluemc1 said:
ill have the Media going over the top on United and all that, the headline the day after we beat them 4-1 last year saying "the day English football died" left me in no doubt but I'm not having bent refs, we got 2 huge decisions last year, the Sterling offside and the Newcastle goal would be given 99% of the time, can't think of many we didn't get, the Skertel handball at Anfield maybe but even with that i just don't think it was seen,
The 1st year we won it the bloke everyone says is the biggest red and has a United Tattoo Webb didn't send off Ballotelli and gave us a last minute pen v Spurs. with refs i just think its human nature and human error

It's human nature & human error but it's often influenced by media pressure & part of that is deliberately engineered by managers/clubs etc, especially those with more friends or supporters in the media. They all use the media to help themselves & hinder others. The ones with the biggest media support will obviously get the biggest positive advantage. We are well down the list.

Just as an example, Ferguson's constant pressing of referees was no accident. It's designed to get them to favour his team. Not to get the refs to do it on purpose, but to influence them in that split second, when their mind is weighing up the pros & cons of a decision. Somewhere in the deepest back of their mind, is the ragtops & the radio shows & the 'fuming Sir Alex' on tv, all blaming you for 'costing them'. Rarely will they all turn round & tell Sir Alex he's full of shit, like they implied all the time with Mancini. (The 'card waving' attack by the media on Bob being an example).

We see it all the time with Mourinho, Wenger & now Rodgers, all trying the same trick. The last year or two, these people have also been pushing the idea of City being 'cheats'. As well as the sheer nastiness involved, that's another subconcious message to referees. City are a club which cheats, so therefore you need to think that little bit more about awarding them a penalty, then think about the irate manager on tv etc etc, all of this is in the back of a refs mind, they are only human. If they get two key decisions per season go in their favour, which may not otherwise have gone their way, it has worked.

If Yaya's so called 'dive' v Chelsea is Ronaldo, in a rag shirt, can we be certain Mike Dean doesn't give it as a pen ?

If this shit didn't work, Derren Brown wouldn't have a job.

100% agree, look not for 1 minute do i think that Ferguson and and 75.000 screaming fans doesn't have an affect, thats what I'm saying human nature, but the media have also labelled Ronaldo, Drogba and young cheats, Ferguson used to go mad about the great Arsenal sides being dirty and i think they had one of the worst disciplinary records there has been but they still won shit loads, it comes with being a top side other managers will try and get that edge.
it does work like you say but its not just City it happens to

bluemc1 said:

I agree. The media is infested with biased bastardos. Remember Steve Howard in the Sun telling his readership (I use the word advisedly) after the 3-2 Community Shield defeat that "the good guys had given the bad guys a bloody nose". That's about as blatant as it gets.
For what it's worth, I was sat right behind the lino for the Sterling incident and, hand on heart, it did look offside. Obviously, tv proves I saw it wrongly but to err is human. Again, the media are at fault here though. They would have us believe that it was a disallowed goal when it was no such thing. Everybody knew the game had stopped when he put the ball in the net.
Sure Webb didn't see the Mario "stamp" - even with endless replays, nobody cam conclusively prove there ever was one. However, the media made a cause of it and Webb persuaded himself he'd missed it.
The media are extremely selective in the things they highlight and the language they use when addressing or indeed, glossing over incidents. It's only fair to remember that refs have no control over how their mistakes will be perceived. As such they can be construed to be part of some greater "agenda" when in fact they are powerless to control how their actions will be percieved.

Which is all very well intil I remember Lee Mason. Then I start to doubt my own self on the above issue. I know he was ref for the Sterling issue but that was the linesman's call. HE gave us naff all, that night. If there is a dodgy ref, it's him but I doubt there's a large scale conspiracy afoot.

bluemc1 said:
Chippy_boy said:
The cookie monster said:
Shit loads of decisons went our way in 11/12 too
This Agenda thing really is going to plan isnt it,how many trophies have we won in the last few years :)

Playing devil's advocate, one could argue, "less than we might have done".

true the refs and media let us get to the FA cup final v Wigan then leaked the Pellegrini story knowing it would unsettle the players that day :)
also the FA cup draw has been really bad to us the last 2 years hasn't it ? and those stuffy rags have only had to play us and Liverpool in the 1st round 2 out of the last 3 years, its bent i tel thee

Whether there is an agenda/corruption, is not a simple yes or no. I cannot imagine there is anyone who is saying that every single draw in every single competition is bogus. Nor that every single referee has signed up to stuff us at every single opportunity.

That being the case, your example of things that have gone in our favour proves absolutely nothing.

I am not saying there is or is not an agenda. I merely point out that us getting a couple of decent breaks doesn't mean there isn't one.

Chippy_boy said:
bluemc1 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Playing devil's advocate, one could argue, "less than we might have done".

true the refs and media let us get to the FA cup final v Wigan then leaked the Pellegrini story knowing it would unsettle the players that day :)
also the FA cup draw has been really bad to us the last 2 years hasn't it ? and those stuffy rags have only had to play us and Liverpool in the 1st round 2 out of the last 3 years, its bent i tel thee

Whether there is an agenda/corruption, is not a simple yes or no. I cannot imagine there is anyone who is saying that every single draw in every single competition is bogus. Nor that every single referee has signed up to stuff us at every single opportunity.

That being the case, your example of things that have gone in our favour proves absolutely nothing.

I am not saying there is or is not an agenda. I merely point out that us getting a couple of decent breaks doesn't mean there isn't one.

well thats very hard to argue with i admit, its just no one has been on here shouting agenda or dodgy refs after Newcastle, Liverpool or tonight, games we won but Stoke Arsenal Munich and Chelsea games we didn't win… AGENDA, Kompany gets sent off v Rags in FA cup…agenda, 1-6 1-2 4-1 0-3 no problems. like you say its impossible to prove there isn't one, but i could claim to be God and you couldn't prove I'm not

George Hannah said:
SSN newsreader script - " and Pozo scored wearing the legendary 78 shirt"

every hour on the hour the agenda is revealed

Rags under the bed......piss taking.

Given the opportunity what Blue would not do the same?
As it is I am content to rearrange replica City shirts and calendars in shops ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.