Player topic: David Silva (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David 'Merlin' Silva appreciation thread

jimmygrimblesboots said:
Bluewonder said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
disagree , you are getting confused with achievements versus ability , (the family wrecker has won 10 titles for the rags , it doesnt make him a world class player) , and silva will be judged over next 5 seasons when his career is over , i believe many "non city" fans will consider silva at least on a par with iniesta .There again i wouldnt be stupid enough to believe i know what every "non city" fan is thinking , that would be presumptuous.
1. Giggs was undoubtedly a world-class player.

2. He simply isn't considered as good as Iniesta, you only need to read the perspective of the foreign media to see that.

3. The idea that (arguably) the world's best ever club and country sides being built predominantly around Iniesta's genius doesn't reflect his ability is bizarre.

1. your personal opinion , which is insignificant to me.

2. the foreign media ? your generalisation is unproven and inaccurate , is this the same "foreign media" that thought mezut ozil , would take the premiership by storm , how wrong could they be ?

3. i think you will find barca and spain were built around several world class players ,neither were a one man team , and iniesta only reached his level of performance because of the outstanding world class players along side him. Casillas, ramos , pique ,puyol , busquets , alonso , xavi , pedro , villa etc etc and yet you state the the team revolved around iniesta , now that is really bizarre.
1. Fine by me, although I'm not sure why you're continuing to debate if you're that uninterested.

2. Iniesta has been nominated, shortlisted for, and even won virtually every individual accolade in football. I think the generalisation is fairly accurate.

3. Undoubtedly Spain have had brilliant players, and Silva himself was one. But that Iniesta and Xavi partnership is legendary, whether it be for Barca or Spain. It is widely regarded, by people who know their football, that Iniesta is the delectable cherry on the top of that very perfect Spanish cake.

Bluewonder said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Bluewonder said:

2. He simply isn't considered as good as Iniesta, you only need to read the perspective of the foreign media to see that.

3. The idea that (arguably) the world's best ever club and country sides being built predominantly around Iniesta's genius doesn't reflect his ability is bizarre.

2. the foreign media ? your generalisation is unproven and inaccurate , is this the same "foreign media" that thought mezut ozil , would take the premiership by storm , how wrong could they be ?

3. i think you will find barca and spain were built around several world class players ,neither were a one man team , and iniesta only reached his level of performance because of the outstanding world class players along side him. Casillas, ramos , pique ,puyol , busquets , alonso , xavi , pedro , villa etc etc and yet you state the the team revolved around iniesta , now that is really bizarre.
1. Fine by me, although I'm not sure why you're continuing to debate if you're that uninterested.

2. Iniesta has been nominated, shortlisted for, and even won virtually every individual accolade in football. I think the generalisation is fairly accurate.

3. Undoubtedly Spain have had brilliant players, and Silva himself was one. But that Iniesta and Xavi partnership is legendary, whether it be for Barca or Spain. It is widely regarded, by people who know their football, that Iniesta is the delectable cherry on the top of that very perfect Spanish cake.

I couldn't agree with you more Bluewonder.

To put it into perspective in 2010 Iniesta was runner-up in the Ballon d'Or/World Player of the year behind Messi. In 2012 he was 3rd behind Messi and Ronaldo. As good as Silva is, he isn't at that level. Hopefully, he will get there. But first he will have to win the Bluemoon Player of the Year which in the last 4 years has gone to Vinny, Sergio, Zab and YaYa ::::))

I'm not being critical of Silva here. I'm another old fart who saw the later years of Bell's career and Silva has def overtaken him IMO. He is now my favourite player AND the best player I've seen in a City shirt.

Also, I was surprsied to find out that Silva is only 18 months younger than Iniesta.

There was an article written last season on why Silva should be considered up there with Xavi and Iniesta as the best. It drew statistics, which were nearly all superior with Dave coming out on top. Also the fact he is currently the heartbeat to a club that were massively unsuccessful and are turning into one of the most successful clubs of the recent era. And he has a very good record for his country, I think it's fair to consider them in the same bracket.

EDIT; I can't find the article on a quick search but a blue posted it on here.

Bluewonder said:
de niro said:
Bluewonder said:
He isn't as good as Iniesta but there's no shame in that. He's a brilliant second best and arguably the best playmaker of the Premier League era.

Dave is a better playmaker than Iniesta.

yesterday again we missed him as an outet instanly
He absolutely is not. Every non-City fan in the world would rate Iniesta above Silva.

HVrwX2f.png

danebanksheik said:
More assists yesterday and as every game goes by his contribution to the club's rise gets greater. Yes, he has great players around him but he makes them tick. For me he is right up there with anyone else named as our greatest.

They wouldn't look as great without him. I'be never seen a player that can retain possession like him. He never loses the ball and is always looking for that killer pass.
We are indeed blessed to see him in a City shirt.

Bluewonder said:
Foe23 said:
ElanJo said:
The defence rests
I really don't see how a snapshot of non-contextual statistics constitutes a conclusive argument.

Key passes, assists, chances created and goals over the course of an entire season are now considered non-contextual statistics? Embarrassing.

Couldn't give a toss about Iniesta, the important thing for me is that we continue to get the best out of Silva, and that surely involves playing him centrally. The team looked so much better when he moved behind the strikers and he was able to get on the ball more in dangerous areas. If I were Pellegrini my team sheet would start with Silva in that position and I'd fit everyone else around him.

Bluewonder said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Bluewonder said:

much as i appreciate your self proclaimed position as spokesman for the football fraternity , it is just your personal opinion , i treat your giggs comments with disdain , because proclaiming the family shagger is a world class player on a bluemoon forum is inappropiate , you can go on rag cafe , united we wank or our own united thread , to stick your tongue up the preverbial manyoo arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.