City Vs Roma Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mastermind said:
Loukas said:
I reckon Roma will surprise a lot of people on this forum. They finished second in the league last season playing very 'entertaining' football. They're a team like Napoli were when they came who can definitely outsmart us tactically, and if they do that, then fair play to them getting through in this group.

The main thing to consider though, is there team came second in Serie A, which without trying to sound arrogant, isn't a very strong league anymore. We won the premiership, where a team like United who got too the 1/4 final of the CL finished 7th!

We should win the game, and hopefully by a few goals, because the away leg will be very difficult!

Juventus won the league last season. I've watched Juventus struggle against Benfica in the Europa League.

Honestly, Juventus and Roma are on the level of Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, et al.
So Juventus is a bad team and Roma worse?

Sorry is this has been covered already but Jovetic and Fernando are back training with 1st team squad.

Guardian reports....
Fernando and Stevan Jovetic were both part of the Manchester City group that began open training at the Etihad Stadium on Monday in preparation for Roma’s visit on Tuesday evening.

afhald said:
mastermind said:
Loukas said:
I reckon Roma will surprise a lot of people on this forum. They finished second in the league last season playing very 'entertaining' football. They're a team like Napoli were when they came who can definitely outsmart us tactically, and if they do that, then fair play to them getting through in this group.

The main thing to consider though, is there team came second in Serie A, which without trying to sound arrogant, isn't a very strong league anymore. We won the premiership, where a team like United who got too the 1/4 final of the CL finished 7th!

We should win the game, and hopefully by a few goals, because the away leg will be very difficult!

Juventus won the league last season. I've watched Juventus struggle against Benfica in the Europa League.

Honestly, Juventus and Roma are on the level of Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle, et al.
So Juventus is a bad team and Roma worse?

Not a bad team .. just not on our level. They are very beatable. How often to do they face a free-scoring team like ours ?

Let's open the flood gates on them. No mercy.

Juve are far better than fucking Spurs or Everton, as are Roma. If anyone thinks we just have to turn up tomorrow and we will win then they are in for a shock.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sgerlat said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'll take City by three or four.

Roma? Do me a favour.

Italian club football is a joke.

Hopefully City's players got the same mentality too, it would be wonderful.

Simply by virtue of Italian football's 'reputation', and Roma being one of their bigger clubs, this game represents the first time we can go into a game of this standing and deliver a proper statement, regardless of them not being a Barca, Real or Bayern.

They are nowhere near that level.

We have needed a night like tomorrow, one where we can not just win, but put on a show for the national TV cameras, should our players be in the mood.

Very confident.

FFS - United once put seven past a Roma team that was vastly superior to this one.

And our team is on a different planet to both of them.

Oh sweet Navas, the Tolmie kiss of death is delivered. Almost happy now that I cannot travel up for the game (despite having a ticket).

Having watched city beat hull in a bar in Rome at the weekend and walked back to the apartment surrounded by roma fans following their win, I feel I am better placed than most to make an accurate prediction.

On this basis, a comfortable 3-0 is achievable.

ciao...

Kun Aguero said:
Juve are far better than fucking Spurs or Everton, as are Roma. If anyone thinks we just have to turn up tomorrow and we will win then they are in for a shock.
Yep. Serie A isn't great but Roma and Juve are ahead of anyone in Europe bar the very top teams in Germany, Spain and England.

You have the better squad, and are at home, so you should win. However I'm amazed at the levels of arrogance in this thread, along with the regular claims that Roma are no better than Spurs & Everton.

Roma are a bloody good side. They've started the season well too, and are joint top of Serie A. They've just smashed 5 past CSKA after a lengthy sabbatical from Europe. They have some very good players.

I think you'll win, and it would be timely given your need to stamp down some authority in the CL, but I dont think it'll be a walk in the park by any stretch.

this will be a tough game . Roma are a very good side and will give us a real test. We need to focus and concentrate for the full 90 minutes and play with pace and tempo . Hopefully city to edge it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.