City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

Chippy_boy said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Looks like were going to be dumped into the Europa League on a Thursday night.
Utter shite performance, the players look lost, confused and completely out of their depth.

Europa League would be a good result for us actually. A good run in the EL would our CL coefficient far more than scraping out of the groups and getting eliminated straight after... again.
Excellent point chippy_boy. Not the end of the world to finish 3rd. 4th would be a disaster, but that wont happen. We can still get through but 1st place gone now so looking at the long picture, a good run in the europa might not be to bad!!!! Hate this competition anyway. Corrupt and awful refs.

littlemarkyc said:
EaglesFan said:
Rammy Blue said:
...I have no interest in the Chumps league.

Utter shite.

You should....because City will not be recognized as a BIG club until we do something noticeable in the CL....fact.

Do you know how many people worldwide watch this competition?

This! I personally don't give a shit Bout the cl as a comp but you better believe our owners do. It's fundamental to their investment in our club and our ability to keep attracting top players. These shite performances are not going to cut it and they aren't going to keep digging into their pockets to find this shit.

So for all who say they don't give a shit about cl, I'm afraid the moment we deliriously rejoiced at our new found wealth was the moment you should have started to give a shit. Starting by fucking turning up!

I take it you're a rag then?

Have to say Roma are a lot better than I thought,reminded me slightly of the time we played Napoli,and I know it isn't an excuse but why was the ref allowing them to continually foul without picking up bookings,apart from maicon I think the only other booking was for kicking the ball away...

poor performance by us tonight..2 man MD is NOT WORKING in Europe when the fuck will the people in charge will understand that..most likely we will get 6 points out of TSKA but if we want to still have a chance of going trough we will have to beat Roma away...very very hard

61% possession. Which slightly increased from where it was prior to the Dzeko-Lampard sub.

Two shots on target and maybe two decent chances in the second half. To me it is not 1 striker/2 strikers (though our history of results both in points gained and goals scored does not argue in favour of the former.) Rather, it was that we got nothing at all from Yaya tonight and not enough from the rest of them.

Probably going to need to beat Bayern here to have a shot. We can do it, but it would be damnably better to not put ourselves under this kind of pressure.

Rudi Garcia did a good job on Pelle, that was the stroy of the game.

Also not forget the players Roma were missing trough injury. Their first keeper , world class midfielder DE Rossi, another class mf in Strootman, their great CB duo from last year Castan-Benatia...

Manolas-Mbiwa CB duo ffs, thats not much better than a Nastasic-Boyata duo.

Doesnt matter they missed half of their team, Garcia knew what he wants and how he wants it to happen. It wasnt like Roma had to defend on 200% in last 20 minutes. We were on top but hardly created much.

Hart had to react more times to shots this game then their unexperienced keeper.

We made a step into the direction of another CL fiasco, we are not there yet with 4 games to go, but this is how we fucked up 3 years ago in Bayern, Napoli group.
Lose away to Bayern only draw to Italian side at home.

Even if we get 6 points vs CSKA then Roma/Bayern will do the same. Trouble is what if Rome beats Bayern at home.We might need to beat Bayern and Roma both to get trough. Thats a disaster becaure we are not that good for sure given last two CL games .

Doesnt matter how stronger squad we have than Roma, our tactics and mentality in these games are just not good enough. And there is a pattern here, not just one bad game...

PSG raped Barca tonight, they missed Ibra by the way. They even can go and finish first now maybe ahead of Barca. We are long way to go from finishing ahead of Bayern in our group.

Cant see that we need to spend another 100-200m to be regularly being better than the level of Ajax, Dortmund, Napoli, Roma. They are not the Bayern/Barca/Real level. At the moment we are yet to beat the first group of teams regularly. Why the fuck is that?

Really dissapointed in this game, 3 points were crucial and all we got a lame draw. Without hardly testing them. Formation, tactics, mentality, these things doesnt cost money...
Mansour spent more than enough on a team that should reach CL 1/4, 1/2 finals every second year maybe. Now in4 years if one 1/8 finals is our best thats a joke and the managers arent doing a pretty good job.

I cant see how we go trough now if we dont get 6 points vs Russians than at least 4 more points vs Bayern/Roma.

Before every CL campaign manager/player say now we finally will show we have what it takes to a good CL season. And finally we will prove we are up there with the best ones. Or close to them. We just arent. And we can spend another 100m on the squad and come up with the same shit displays like since Mancini we spent more than 100m on the squad but this wasnt any better we did vs Ajax, Dortmund or Napoli...

It's reet. Melbourne City FC are going to become a world superpower, provide us with Beckenbauers, Pele's, Cruyff's etc. and next year we'll do the quadruple with Boyata leading the charge.

Signed,

The so called fucking project.

Having to bring Lampard on in a Champs League game shows how thin we are in midfield

I'd sell Yaya and buy two midfield players who are mobile

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.