luck.

Maldeika said:
I watch 3 minutes City...

Let us talk again about luck... ;)

You're not seriously suggesting that we shouldn't have been awarded that penalty are you?
I'll have to assume you are saying that Maicon was lucky to stay on the pitch.

It's really weird that the best sides seem to have all the luck, very strange..

de niro said:
thats all you need. bayern top with 2 wins.
1, deflection that was going miles wide.
2, a pen.
we never get either.

Dead right, de niro. Against CFC, every fuckin' spin, bounce, swivel, ricochet went to a CFC player. Last night every second ball dropped to a Roma foot. Mind, what do they say, 'Yer make yer own'?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
de niro said:
2, a pen.
we never get either.

Dead right, de niro. Against CFC, every fuckin' spin, bounce, swivel, ricochet went to a CFC player. Last night every second ball dropped to a Roma foot. Mind, what do they say, 'Yer make yer own'?

I agree, you make your own luck.

But like people have said, aa ricochet against Bayern and a slip of Harts foot are pretty much the difference betwen 1 point and 4.

fine margins indeed

abu13 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
de niro said:
2, a pen.
we never get either.

I agree, you make your own luck.

But like people have said, aa ricochet against Bayern and a slip of Harts foot are pretty much the difference betwen 1 point and 4.

fine margins indeed

Not so fine if you look at the whole picture. Bayern in both matches had a lot moments in which they were unlucky, too. And had enough chances to do it in which they failed. And had in both matches a lot more chances than the opponent.

That you can be lucky or unlucky - and that it is for sure lucky to then win at the end of the match because of that strike of Boateng in the last minute... - yes, but that is why we talk about forced luck.

Yesterday's match against ZSKA was no luck but a lot tactics. Bayern went for a second goal only in second gear because that would have meant risk.

I agree that luck plays a part. Sometimes a small one, sometimes a big one. Whilst I was cursing the ref last night I feel a bit better today. Yes they should have been down to 10 men. And yes we should have a penalty, clear hand ball, possibly red as well as he was the last man.

But it was not those calls that lost us the game. All the team was low on self confidence. Watch the video. Their body language says it all. Numerous misplaced passes, no real drive until Lampard and Milner came on. Shaky defense. No fire in the belly as they say. The ref chopped the game to pieces and that was Roma's plan I am certain. And we didn't cope. Kompany should be talking to him, asking questions and demanding answers. The ref felt comfortable at what he was doing and we allowed him to do so.

Then you read Kompany says we are better than that. Well, actually we are not. The ground was quiet because the team did not give them anything to shout about. We didn't put in any flying tackles. We didn't manage to put them under any pressure. We didn't utilize the wings at all and played through the middle when there was 6 Roma players in the area 10x10 yards. Our half decent chances came from the movements on wings and the balls into the box. I think we managed 2 (but am not a stat freak so I stand corrected).

I don't mind them loosing. In fact 3:0 loss but with battling performance, chances and seeing emotions and willingness of our players on the pitch would be a better option. If they want to see what battling is I would take all the team to a hospice. Look at kids dying and see their families battling through hell. But fighting every day, every hour and every minute of the day to give all they have .... this is battle, guts and determination.... I only saw 11 individuals that looked lost last night and I have heard the same excuses again. Not good enough. As simple as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.