City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

momo88 said:
some city fans in this forum are turning into a rawk kopites types

Talking about conspiracy, confusedabout everything people don't turn up to watch the team ahh cause its expensive ah because of cl ffp oh. We don't wsnt tourists.....

I watched all psg games this season they werent't that good and just beat barca yesterday with 3 key players missing is that because of ffp conspiracy or i don't know what

City team is simply overrated when it comes to european football maybe it will take some time until things change ! And the fan base is still small cause otherwhise youll simply find people waiting to watch the games even at those prices i know beeing in manchester doens't help
City team is not overrated, its badly coached. We look clueless if teams press us. Always hoof up the field and opponent gain possession again.

I think the most concerning aspect of last night is Aguero not getting a sniff against Yanga and the other centre half? If we had that centre back partnership we'd get torn to shreds.

Problem is that for the away game they probably can count on their star players in the middle like Strootman, De Rossi and also their experienced keeper. Cant see how that and also home game factor wont simply improve them on top of yesterdays performance.

While what I saw from City in tough away games in CL apart from the Bayern game last season, in Dortmund, Napoli, Ajax, Real or the two other Bayern games we werent any close to winning any of those games. We lost all of them actually.

We can improve too compared to yesterday but hard to be optimistic in CL. We just dont get it right tactically and mentally and its a tendency now.

Without two wins vs CSKA its game over. But even with 6 points vs them its gonna be 4 points needed possibly from Bayern/Roma games.

Will be really interesting how Roma-Bayern, Bayern-Roma will end next two rounds. We should given up hope to finish 1st of group and hope Bayern takes all 6 points vs Roma and not 1 win, 1 loss as that really would put us into an unreal hard situation.
I think if Roma doesnt have injuries at home vs Bayern they can win a close game maybe vs Bayern. Rudi Garcia is a really great coach, knows what he wants and how he wants it.

Two draws would be interesting in the two Roma-Bayern games and then everything would be up in the air for 5th and 6th round.

6 points vs CSKA is bare fucking minimum for City tho. Last year we did that even tho the away game wasnt simple and needed a huge last minute Hart save to win 2-1. Only problem we were in generally good form in the league, our attacking game were free flowing mostly at that time even tho we had more defensive problems with some Demichelis-Lescott duo etc...

CSKA away is the next, pretty much win or 100% bust while a win is only keeps us in the race at least.

If we get our tactics right over there (4-2-3-1 with Fernando and Fernandinho is a must), we could win.

Roma are a good team, but they're not exactly world class.

We've beaten good teams away from home the last few seasons (Bayern, Man Utd, Arsenal) I don't see why we can't beat Roma.

It's a tough ask, but definitely possible. Tactics would have to spot on, but we definitely have the players to do it.

Well, I have just finished watching a highlights package of yesterday's CL. And seriously, I think we may be the slowest team in this competition. Everyone else seems to move with some pace, our problem is we attack so slowly that it's easy to organise against us. Silva is a genius, yet often ends up in such tight pockets of space that one of his through balls are impossible. One of the reasons Ozil stood out so much at Real Madrid is because they played such an expansive and quick style that the play would be stretched and he had room to play killer passes.

I'm also watching Zenit vs. Monaco right now and even these two seem to attack with more pace. Hulk just ran half the pitch on a break and set up a good chance, but the player put it over the bar.

CSKA had Musa causing chaos in Bayern's defence in patches yesterday, because he got behind their high line and if he didn't blow his lines, would have had a goal or two. CSKA being more dangerous in attack against Bayern than us is pretty unacceptable, IMO.

It's not just attacking either. Fernandinho plays with the sort of mobility we need. Yaya... doesn't and that's probably why he's been a lion in the Premier League and a kitten in the Champions League for us. Our style seems to work a lot better in the Premier League (although teams like Stoke seem to have us kind of sussed out).

We're slow... sooooo slowwww in this tournament.

LoveCity said:
Well, I have just finished watching a highlights package of yesterday's CL. And seriously, I think we may be the slowest team in this competition. Everyone else seems to move with some pace, our problem is we attack so slowly that it's easy to organise against us. Silva is a genius, yet often ends up in such tight pockets of space that one of his through balls are impossible. One of the reasons Ozil stood out so much at Real Madrid is because they played such an expansive and quick style that the play would be stretched and he had room to play killer passes.

I'm also watching Zenit vs. Monaco right now and even these two seem to attack with more pace. Hulk just ran half the pitch on a break and set up a good chance, but the player put it over the bar.

CSKA had Musa causing chaos in Bayern's defence in patches yesterday, because he got behind their high line and if he didn't blow his lines, would have had a goal or two. CSKA being more dangerous in attack against Bayern than us is pretty unacceptable, IMO.

It's not just attacking either. Fernandinho plays with the sort of mobility we need. Yaya... doesn't and that's probably why he's been a lion in the Premier League and a kitten in the Champions League for us. Our style seems to work a lot better in the Premier League (although teams like Stoke seem to have us kind of sussed out).

We're slow... sooooo slowwww in this tournament.
We tend to play teams who park the bus in the league. Even Chelsea parks the bus against us. So when it comes to fast transition football, and quick counters, we don't really know what to do.

Claytop said:
I think the most concerning aspect of last night is Aguero not getting a sniff against Yanga and the other centre half? If we had that centre back partnership we'd get torn to shreds.
His game is concerning me, but at the same time he's scoring goals. That should mean all is well.

In my view we are over estimating how good Roma are, some on here seem to think they will take home points off Bayern and win in Moscow against CSKA. If they do then they will probably go through and deserve to go through but I'll be surprised if they do.
The Press here as usual are fawning over them and how they apparently taught us a lesson last night...eh? They should look at the stats and consider this....we played the wrong tactics, didn't play particularly well and still managed to draw comfortably, in the last 25 minutes last night there was only 1 team going to win that match and it wasn't them.
They are not as good as Napoli were a few years back and carry less threat up front, we made them look good by giving them too much time in midfield in the 1st half. When we changed things around and took a striker off and shored up midfield they barely had a sniff after.
Get our act together at their place and play the right tactics and we can beat them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.