NHS Strike

urmston said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
urmston said:
For the amount paid in by the employee a public sector pension still gives a gigantically good return even with the increased contributions and retirement ages that are being introduced for them.

Private firm pensions which offer the same benefits have nearly all been shut down and are now as rare as hen's teeth. Many people in private work are now on short hours or zero hour contracts specifically designed to exclude them from employer pension rights at all.

The public sector pension deficit is stupendously huge.

For example, when the government sold the Royal Mail for £3 billion or so, it could only get rid of it by keeping its £28 billion pension deficit on the public books.

This just shows you how expensive public employees are to the taxpayer, and why there is certainly no need to be more generous to them at a time when most private sector people are suffering at least as much and haven't got a hope in hell of a big fat, taxpayer guaranteed pension when they give up work.

If you employed by the public it is greedy and inconsiderate to expect pay rises when most of the people who employ you are not getting them and have suffered pay freezes, pay cuts and job losses which make your 5 year pay freeze look wonderful in comparison.

Fucking hell,now I know you are wumming...Everyone in both the private and public sector deserves a pay rise equivalent to at least the cost of living.
In real terms I have had a pay cut. No rise for 5 years,increased pension/national insurance contributions.

If NHS staff deserve a pay rise who should pay for it?

There's only one place the money can come from - more taxes paid by private sector workers, most of whom have had it much worse than NHS staff have over the last decade or so.

To expect a pay rise financed by people who have suffered at least as much as you and probably more in the financial crisis is greedy and inconsiderate in my book.

You do know public sector workers pay tax,right ?

urmston said:
urmston said:
For the amount paid in by the employee a public sector pension still gives a gigantically good return even with the increased contributions and retirement ages that are being introduced for them.

Private firm pensions which offer the same benefits have nearly all been shut down and are now as rare as hen's teeth. Many people in private work are now on short hours or zero hour contracts specifically designed to exclude them from employer pension rights at all.

The public sector pension deficit is stupendously huge.

For example, when the government sold the Royal Mail for £3 billion or so, it could only get rid of it by keeping its £28 billion pension deficit on the public books.

This just shows you how expensive public employees are to the taxpayer, and why there is certainly no need to be more generous to them at a time when most private sector people are suffering at least as much and haven't got a hope in hell of a big fat, taxpayer guaranteed pension when they give up work.

If you employed by the public it is greedy and inconsiderate to expect pay rises when most of the people who employ you are not getting them and have suffered pay freezes, pay cuts and job losses which make your 5 year pay freeze look wonderful in comparison.

Fucking hell,now I know you are wumming...Everyone in both the private and public sector deserves a pay rise equivalent to at least the cost of living.
In real terms I have had a pay cut. No rise for 5 years,increased pension/national insurance contributions.

There's only one place the money can come from - more taxes paid by private sector workers, most of whom have had it much worse than NHS staff have over the last decade or so.

To expect a pay rise financed by people who have suffered at least as much as you and probably more in the financial crisis is greedy and inconsiderate in my book.
How about re-allocation of funds instead of increased takes? Just a thought

Here we go again public against private, round in circles just like the knobs in Westminster want, wake up they are shafting us all but unlike the private sector we/public can actually make a stand whether it does any good or not. You got shafted when Brown took your pension pots, the country got shafted when he sold the gold reserves and now we are getting shafted trying to pay the deficit off. Instead of having a go at the nurses etc get onto your MP and ask what the fuck is going on with this country, when they get a 10% pay rise and they won't give nurses 1%.

Kazzydeyna said:
de niro said:
Wasn't it for 20 mins or something. Wow, damaging. Lol.

Well said.

Let's hope you never need the NHS eh?

Or on second thoughts....

bit nasty this isn't it just because i dont like strikers. oh you must be a leftie, they want the PM murdered by the IRA as long as they get a shot at power.

nice.

i await an apology.

Blue Maverick said:
Here we go again public against private, round in circles just like the knobs in Westminster want, wake up they are shafting us all but unlike the private sector we/public can actually make a stand whether it does any good or not. You got shafted when Brown took your pension pots, the country got shafted when he sold the gold reserves and now we are getting shafted trying to pay the deficit off. Instead of having a go at the nurses etc get onto your MP and ask what the fuck is going on with this country, when they get a 10% pay rise and they won't give nurses 1%.

can only agree here^^^

and by the way i had to take my Mrs to A&E the other night and they do a brilliant job under so much pressure they do deserve a lot more than they get paid for

karen7 said:
urmston said:

The silly **** cant get his head round that everybody in the country pays taxes every day

Apart from Amazon, Vodafone, Ebay, Google etc

Rascal said:
karen7 said:
urmston said:

The silly c**t cant get his head round that everybody in the country pays taxes every day

Apart from Amazon, Vodafone, Ebay, Google etc

And our 'George' Gideon Osborne who keeps his £64 million family trust fund in the Caymen Islands totally tax free

metalblue said:
bluemoon32 said:
Think you're being harsh Urmston but some of the wages i've seen bandied about in the media haven't shown the enhancements for shifts etcand just show the basic salary, hugely misleading.

It varies from hospital to hospital but those that work 24/7 wards do get extra for working Sundays, bank holidays and unsociables but they also get deducted breaks. IIRC Mrs MB when she was on the ward (now a specalist nurse) would have to work an extra 18 hours a month for "free" to make up for her breaks which she rarely took.

She thinks nurses are paid ok. I disagree with her, the work they do and the effort they put in is worth much more. Obviously no nurse/doctor/paramedic enters the profession for money but that doesn't give us the right to take the piss.

Nurses and midwives could sign up for private agencies and be paid higher rates than they get on their NHS terms and conditions for anti social working hours Some already do

These sort of companies are providing a service but are fleecing the NHS. No doubt these private companies can do no wrong in the eyes of the free marketeers on here (and I am not anti private sector). It is poor NHS management that encourages this.

Freezing NHS pay is counter productive because it just increases the amounts NHS Trusts etc pay to locum / temporary staffing agencies to cover gaps
In patient care.

They're screwing everyone. Giving themselves a 10% pay rise. NHS workers losing about 4% of their actual income with rising costs of living etc.

Giving themselves a 10% pay rise.

And there is nothing we can do.

We basically have a choice of two parties, both of whom are a bunch of tossers.

Nothing we can do.

SamCity123 said:
They're screwing everyone. Giving themselves a 10% pay rise. NHS workers losing about 4% of their actual income with rising costs of living etc.

Giving themselves a 10% pay rise.

And there is nothing we can do.

We basically have a choice of two parties, both of whom are a bunch of tossers.

Nothing we can do.

There is going to be a save the NHS party consisting a number of seats at the next General Election in May. People in those areas will have a choice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.