If you could fight any historical figure?

A historical figure I would rather eat my own spleen than fight;
William (the) Marsall (1147-1219)
Defeated 500 knights in hand to hand combat.
The only knight to have unhorsed Richard Ist.
Held the Angevin Dynasty together when King John was being a complete tw@t.
Had to be held back from the fighting (against invading King Louis) by his squire who insisted he put his armour on! (aged around 70!!!)
Re-issued Magna Carta in 1217 as regent.

Fat Fairy said:
Had to be held back from the fighting (against invading King Louis) by his squire who insisted he put his armour on! (aged around 70!!!)
Must be a leftie, very low profile in history.

Fat Fairy said:
William Marshal's tomb in the Temple is magnificently mesmeric, well worth a visit if you're down Fleet Street way.

chabal said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
chabal said:
Great British political visionary.
I'm interested. Go on......

At a stroke he introduced the concept of republicanism.

The concept of the divinity of kings never properly took hold again in this country.
That's all hunky dory but the next time ye have a civil war, if ye wouldn't mind, hold it in your own country and slaughter your own people.
Cromwell is reviled in Irish history as a genocidal mass murderer. I'd happily fight the evil fucker - and it wouldn't be the first time a Limerickman sent him home with his tail between his legs.

mad4city said:
chabal said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I'm interested. Go on......

At a stroke he introduced the concept of republicanism.

The concept of the divinity of kings never properly took hold again in this country.
That's all hunky dory but the next time ye have a civil war, if ye wouldn't mind, hold it in your own country and slaughter your own people.
Cromwell is reviled in Irish history as a genocidal mass murderer. I'd happily fight the evil fucker - and it wouldn't be the first time a Limerickman sent him home with his tail between his legs.
Not very popular in Drogheda either, slaughtering and raping every woman and child in a town that has surrendered tends to piss people off for some reason.

1961_vintage said:
Tony Blair.

Damn you for getting in first, I would never get tired of beating that War Criminal.

Ok then, Cherie 'Postbox' Blair. The money grabbing, corrupt self serving shite needs a god kicking as well as her bent husband.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.