Everton fans in Lille

M18CTID said:
blue b4 the moon said:
One of the guy's I work with is a dipper no.2 and told me on Monday that they expect 13-14k Everton fans to travel.

No idea what the ticket allocation is but I'd suspect loads of them outside/in the home bits, could get tasty.

Well Everton reckon the away following will be their biggest since the 1985 ECWC Final in Rotterdam so that figure of 13k-14k is probably a realistic one.

It doesn't look too clever from the footage I've seen and you'd have to think that there will be more trouble to come. While no doubt there will be some troublemakers in the travelling contingent I can't help wondering whether it would've passed off a lot more peacefully if they were playing in somewhere like Germany where the police seem to have a far greater understanding of English fan culture.
Just said on ITV4 that there are 9,000 Everton, but looking at the ground on TV now I would say 4 at the most
City took more to Lokeren

blue underpants said:
M18CTID said:
blue b4 the moon said:
One of the guy's I work with is a dipper no.2 and told me on Monday that they expect 13-14k Everton fans to travel.

No idea what the ticket allocation is but I'd suspect loads of them outside/in the home bits, could get tasty.

Well Everton reckon the away following will be their biggest since the 1985 ECWC Final in Rotterdam so that figure of 13k-14k is probably a realistic one.

It doesn't look too clever from the footage I've seen and you'd have to think that there will be more trouble to come. While no doubt there will be some troublemakers in the travelling contingent I can't help wondering whether it would've passed off a lot more peacefully if they were playing in somewhere like Germany where the police seem to have a far greater understanding of English fan culture.
Just said on ITV4 that there are 9,000 Everton, but looking at the ground on TV now I would say 4 at the most
City took more to Lokeren

no chance of 9k there looks like that little corner section and a few in the stand next to it behind the goal, i'd say 3k

"Go on lads, I'll just mind the beer"

B0o66-GIUAEMyFz.jpg

B0o6695IAAAGuAs.jpg

Who are the short haired blokes, with covered faces with the French dibble ? special officers ? i.e. snatch squads ?

you can almost guarantee that the Everton fans are out there to have a laugh without causing trouble and have ended up in this situation caused by over zealous policing. English get treated like shit abroad.

Shaggy said:
Who are the short haired blokes, with covered faces with the French dibble ? special officers ? i.e. snatch squads ?

At a guess I'd say British undercover police.

Lille police have always been heavy handed since one of them was put in a coma by German Hooligans in 98.
Loads of England, me included were rounded up and deported from there when England played in Lens (nearby to Lille) just after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.