Newcastle Fan Forum survey

aguero93:20 said:
Hi there,

I don't have posting privileges so can you post these up for me. I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in pre match build up. The questions are:

1) With big matches coming up in the league and the Champions League, how important is your Capital One Cup tie against us?
Very, we should take every comp seriously and have a squad big enough and strong enough to challenge on all fronts. Add to that the week we are just coming off the back of and the next fixture after you, and we should be looking to boost confidence ready for the Rags.
2) What line up do you expect?
Caballero, Sagna, Dimechellis, Kompany, Kolarov, Fernando, Yaya, Fernandinho, Milner, Jovetic, Dzeko
3) Would getting knocked out of this competition be a blessing in disguise for Pellegrini?
No, we challenge for everything by his own mantra and the press would have a field day. So no, not a good idea for Manuel.
4) To what extent is Milner under-rated? Do you want to see him extend his deal?
He is not under rated by most Blues I know and I really hope he decides to extend. He is seeing more action at the moment and certainly says all the right things about the club. Hopefully he'll extend by Jan and continue to force himself into the starting XI
5) Mangala has been coming for for a lot of flack since he made his debut. Do you think this criticism is justified or is it a typical case of the British press hammering a foreign player after a few dodgy performances?
He hasnt settled yet IMO and his performances have been mixed, we have seen flashes of what is to come but I can understand why he has been questioned on one or two occasions.
6) After watching your side to date, what needs changing for you to challenge Chelsea?
Nothing, we are and will, all the way to the wire.
7) Do you expect business to be done in January?
Yes but limited.
8) If you could pick any ex or current footballer to live in your spare room, who would you choose and why?
Toni Duggan, self explanatory if you google this City player.
9) What are your views on Newcastle United at the moment?
Indifference, I wouldnt like Ashley running my club and Pardew is not for me. This is of course at the moment, we have had our share of nuggets over the years too.
10) Score prediction?
4-1 at a canter.

Thanks a lot in advance!
YCCMY

Hi there,

I don't have posting privileges so can you post these up for me. I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in pre match build up. The questions are:

1) With big matches coming up in the league and the Champions League, how important is your Capital One Cup tie against us?

The capital one cup cup is very important, as it is an opportunity to wrap up a trophy early and can give us a boost towards the business end of the season. Obviously Champs league is higher priority to but with sensible rotation our squad should be fine.

Cabbelero, Clichy, Kompany, Demichellis, Sagna, Navas, Milner, Nasri, Fernandinho, Jovetic, Dzeko.
Would love a few of our talented youngsters to play but don't seem likely to me.

3) Would getting knocked out of this competition be a blessing in disguise for Pellegrini?

No

4) To what extent is Milner under-rated? Do you want to see him extend his deal?

I don't think hes under rated by any city fans, his work rate is second to none. Its between him and Nasri for that space in the squad and he wins it hands down for me.

5) Mangala has been coming for for a lot of flack since he made his debut. Do you think this criticism is justified or is it a typical case of the British press hammering a foreign player after a few dodgy performances?

Unbelievable against Chelsea in his debut IMO, a bit shaky since and his errors have been costly which draws attention to them. He is a young lad with great physical attributes and skill but i think he just needs time to settle.

6) After watching your side to date, what needs changing for you to challenge Chelsea?

Getting a settled back four is key to stop shipping these goals as is YaYa finding form again.

I think we are a little light up top, could be in trouble if injuries strike. Not sure if anyone suitable will be available though.

8) If you could pick any ex or current footballer to live in your spare room, who would you choose and why?

Odd question. - Goater probably, or Javi Garcia if he brings his missus.

I like Newcastle as a city and a club. Pardew is a good manager but the players are letting him down, so i find the whole sackpardew.com pretty embarrassing. Don't know who you want instead, bring back Keegan? As it is i think the team has more than enough to get around 10th - 13th this year.

10) Score prediction?

3-1 City

Thanks a lot in advance!
YCCMY

Answers

1) With big matches coming up in the league and the Champions League, how important is your Capital One Cup tie against us? Very important, all trophies are important, and winning a Cup Final at Wembley always great, and I am sure the fans of Newcastle would love to do that just as much as the City fans want it. Never understood this attitude by some that oh the domestic cups are minor trophies and the competition\extra games nothing more than a distraction\detriment to league games. We have never defended a trophy we have won and so it would be great to win the League Cup again this season.
2) What line up do you expect? Hopefully a strong lineup - but expect something like Caballero, Sagna, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho , Toure, Milner, Silva, Jovetic, Dzeko
3) Would getting knocked out of this competition be a blessing in disguise for Pellegrini? No - More pressure put on by all and sundry if we get knocked out
4) To what extent is Milner under-rated? Do you want to see him extend his deal? He is having his best season with us and desreves to start. In previous seasons he was a bit hit and miss and probably mostly only a good squad player\sub to come on. Yes hope he will stay
5) Mangala has been coming for for a lot of flack since he made his debut. Do you think this criticism is justified or is it a typical case of the British press hammering a foreign player after a few dodgy performances? Think\hope he will be fine
6) After watching your side to date, what needs changing for you to challenge Chelsea? Tighter central midfield (Toure, Fernandinho and now Fernando in poor form) and some pace when attacking
7) Do you expect business to be done in January? Not really unless we sell Nastasic first, and then at max 1 buy I think.
8) If you could pick any ex or current footballer to live in your spare room, who would you choose and why? Would not want footballers living near me
9) What are your views on Newcastle United at the moment? Always thought Newcastle very similar club to what City have been. Lots of potential, but never realising it and always capable of cocking any potential opportunities up. We don't take our recent success for granted and always in the back of our mind is it can all still go wrong again. Pardew probably a better manager than most give him credit for, but as with most English managers the perception is always that they can never manage a big club, but Newcastle are a big club, like City.
10) Score prediction? City to win I hope. That's all.

YCCMY[/quote]

Hi there,

I think because we are defending the trophy, and it's one we genuinely could defend, that it is an important tie and an important competition. I also think we need to get a run of form going, and this could be a catapult.

Strong-ish, resting players like Yaya, SIlva, Aguero. Similar to our line-up vs Wednesday

I don't think so; if we under-perform in the champions league again (as is looking likely), a trophy helps him no end

He's under-rated by almost everyone outside of City I think. We all know that he is a class act, has learnt a heck of a lot from playing with brilliant players such as David Silva, and has more than deserved his long stretch in one of the country's best teams. However others see him as a 'workhorse' which I really think is an insult and meant as 'someone who can't really do much football-wise but runs around a lot' - this is complete nonsense. What must be more galling for the man himself is how little credit he gets from England fans and media. I remember the snort one particular commentator gave when announcing that Jimmy had made 50 appearances for England. Clueless twat. I can't understand the delay for the contract - we should be offering him anything he wants as far as I'm concerned! (If you can't tell, I'm a big Milner fan)

It is the exact same as Demichelis got, and he turned out to be the rock for our title push. Hoping for the same again!

Clichy needs to wake up if he wants to play again for me. We need to play to Silva's strengths too

We'll need a central midfielder to cover for the loss of Toure and Lampard. I don't see anything else happening

Shaun Goater I think. The man is a legend and seems so chilled out.

Seem to have turned a corner after a bit of a horror start. I didn't like your attempts to hound out Pardew, but can completely understand it.

10) Score prediction?
3-1.

Thanks a lot in advance!
YCCMY

Greetings, mate.

Fairly important. Not our priority but we should aim to do well in every comp.

6 or 7 changes from the weekend.

Possibly.

Mixed views. This won't be popular but I think he's been fairly average for City and England a lot of the time. However, he is playing superbly this season and it's not solely down to work rate. His attitude wins loads of love from Blues. Would like him to extend as he's a valuable squad member.

Negative journos and press bollox. We knew he wasn't not the finished article but I can see him being a great in years to come.

You'll see lots on this forum about formations and tactics. The biggest issue for me is widespread inconsistency within the team. We've had loads of below-par performances from a number of different players. We know they are capable of more.

Probably not.

Rooney. He can keep the mother-in-law amused when she visits.

A real club with good support but a lot less lucky than is in the ownership lottery. Seems Ashley will always strive to do enough to protect his investment but nothing more. Hence upper mid-table is all you can aspire to in the foreseeable future.

10) Score prediction?
2-1 to us.

This game is important we must win .,Milner vastly under used tonight City will win 4-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.