Ever been arrested?

TangerineSteve17 said:
Post your stories.

I don't know if this counts as arrest. I was a bit pissed :/

I got pulled over and failed a breathalyser once, I needed to be under 35 microgrammes but I was over, by how much he didn't say.

I'd had 2 cans of Kronenburg I think and a drop of gin a couple of hours before. I had a row with the Mrs and stormed out. Anyway, I was sat in the back of the police car for a good 20 minutes while they were waiting for confirmation of which police station to take me to. Ended up going to the one near the Sharp building. Is that even still there? Anyway, the new(ish) police building there.

Once they got the conformation they drove like f*ck to put it bluntly. I knew all the extra time I got was only helping me. So I got there, I met Sarge. I was resigned to my fate. I was instantly sober from the moment I got pulled over in truth, but now all I was thinking about driving bans, fines, my job, what the wife would say etc.

It was about 3am at this point. I was told to wait a little longer and then I had to be breathalysed again. You have to do it twice and then they take the average. My first go was 36 microgrammes, my second go was 34! I was bang on the limit! They said how lucky I was and drove me back to my van.

This is the only lucky moment of my entire life that I can recall.

If you blow under 40 micrograms of breath at the police station they let you go anyway.

No6 said:
Blue Mist said:
No6 said:
I'd say its a damn sight more than a few bad apples. Was it a few bad apples who colluded on their statements in the wake of Hillsborough? Was it a few bad apples who goadingly waved wads of their overtime money at striking miners? Was it a few bad apples who attacked women and children at the Battle of the Beanfield? Was it a few bad apples that fitted up innocent men such as the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4 and Stephen Downing? No. It wasn't. Dishonesty and brutality has been endemic in the Police force ever since its inception. It's human nature, power corrupts.

I'm not saying that coppers don't have a vital role to play in any civilised society, nor that they don't put themselves at risk of harm for our good. But I'll never revere them and I'll always treat them with suspicion. Its actually quite a healthy attitude to hold in a democracy. They are people who have the ability and right to strip you of liberty; their actions must therefore be placed under greater scrutiny than those of other public servants.

Rant over

So you have taken a few examples that are spread out over a 40 year period to make your point ! I am not making light of Stephen Downing or the Birmingham 6 but I hardly think waving wads of B of E notes at striking miners is committing a terrible crime, crass yes but lets have some perspective.

The point is most of the 6,000 GMP cops, the 26, 000 ? Met cops are decent and honest and yet the vocal minority on this forum make them out as criminals lower then a child murderer.
I have met a few lazy cops, a few who are useless and a few (at football matches) that should think twice about what they are doing but that is it, perhaps I am lucky who knows.

No, they were just examples that came to me at the time of writing and ones that most readers will be familiar with. There are lots more. And I wasn't saying that the majority are/were corrupt/lazy/negligent. The point I was making is that the "bad apple" explanation doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Its much more than a few bad apples.

If you want some more recent examples we'll use the newspaper seller in London who was killed, the Duggan cops who knew an illegal gun was in a flat but did not retrieve it, police undercover agents having YEARS long relationships with people they were investigating. Again, these are just a few that come to mind. If you want more examples just ask. It won't take long to find them. The bad apples excuse just doesn't stand up I'm afraid.

The most important point that I want to make is that we should ALWAYS scrutinise the actions of the Police and hold them fully to account when they f**k up. As I said, they are body that has the right to remove one's liberty, and for this reason alone they should be held under the most stringent of scrutiny by the public.

Out of interest, I have been arrested by the way. Its actually 6 years to the day tomorrow, coincidentally. And my experience of the plod who arrested and interrogated me? They were bloody marvellous to be honest. Treated me with dignity, respect and courtesy throughout the whole experience. However, I still believe vehemently that as a body, they MUST be held to account. Its a vital function of a democracy to do so

And as we all know, all nurses and most doctors are murderers.

Blue Mist said:
No6 said:
Blue Mist said:
So you have taken a few examples that are spread out over a 40 year period to make your point ! I am not making light of Stephen Downing or the Birmingham 6 but I hardly think waving wads of B of E notes at striking miners is committing a terrible crime, crass yes but lets have some perspective.

The point is most of the 6,000 GMP cops, the 26, 000 ? Met cops are decent and honest and yet the vocal minority on this forum make them out as criminals lower then a child murderer.
I have met a few lazy cops, a few who are useless and a few (at football matches) that should think twice about what they are doing but that is it, perhaps I am lucky who knows.

No, they were just examples that came to me at the time of writing and ones that most readers will be familiar with. There are lots more. And I wasn't saying that the majority are/were corrupt/lazy/negligent. The point I was making is that the "bad apple" explanation doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Its much more than a few bad apples.

If you want some more recent examples we'll use the newspaper seller in London who was killed, the Duggan cops who knew an illegal gun was in a flat but did not retrieve it, police undercover agents having YEARS long relationships with people they were investigating. Again, these are just a few that come to mind. If you want more examples just ask. It won't take long to find them. The bad apples excuse just doesn't stand up I'm afraid.

The most important point that I want to make is that we should ALWAYS scrutinise the actions of the Police and hold them fully to account when they f**k up. As I said, they are body that has the right to remove one's liberty, and for this reason alone they should be held under the most stringent of scrutiny by the public.

Out of interest, I have been arrested by the way. Its actually 6 years to the day tomorrow, coincidentally. And my experience of the plod who arrested and interrogated me? They were bloody marvellous to be honest. Treated me with dignity, respect and courtesy throughout the whole experience. However, I still believe vehemently that as a body, they MUST be held to account. Its a vital function of a democracy to do so

And as we all know, all nurses and most doctors are murderers.

Non-sequitur

I don't recall, although someone on here may know better, a nurse or doctor ever arresting someone.

I don't go for all this all coppers are bent corrupt twats line, sure there are bad apples everywhere like the 2 coppers who stitched me up and nicked me at Anfield in the 80s but I just put that down to them being Scouse fuckers and me being a Manc
Same when I was nicked in Glasgow the screws and coppers at Tobago St nick were twats but again I put that down to me being ''an English twat'', none of the Jocks got nicked in the pub brawl just us English but there you go
Apart from those 2 incidents I thought the coppers who nicked me on numerous other occasions were decent blokes doing a tough job under hard circumstances to the best of their ability

blue underpants said:
I don't go for all this all coppers are bent corrupt twats line, sure there are bad apples everywhere like the 2 coppers who stitched me up and nicked me at Anfield in the 80s but I just put that down to them being Scouse fuckers and me being a Manc
Same when I was nicked in Glasgow the screws and coppers at Tobago St nick were twats but again I put that down to me being ''an English twat'', none of the Jocks got nicked in the pub brawl just us English but there you go
Apart from those 2 incidents I thought the coppers who nicked me on numerous other occasions were decent blokes doing a tough job under hard circumstances to the best of their ability

You weren't in the vicinity of a chip shop by any chance?

I was arrested at Cardiff Airport, on my way home from a rugby final. The airport wasn't able to handle the crowd and we were shepherded into a marquee in a field. This was where customs screening was being carried out! We were held there for ages. I was running late due to their inability to do their job and, as you do, was skipping the queue and apologising profusely along the way.
Turns out I ducked under one rope barrier too many.
Two streaks of Welsh misery descended upon me. 'You're nicked, boyo'. I asked what I'd done and they accused me of trying to board a plane without following due procedure or some such waffle. I laughed at them. They don't like being laughed at, policemen. One of them got angry. He started telling me how I'd never fly again and blah, blah, fucking blah. I stood there politely taking it all in. A voice from the crowd then cried out 'if you arrest him, we're all going on rush your fucking rope!'. There were grumblings of agreement.
'Who said that?'
The whole tent cheered and jeered the twat.
His buddy whispered 'for fucks sakes let the prick go before we have a riot!'
Your man looks at me, jerks his thumb toward the exit and snarled 'fuck off!'
I fucked off - and spent the next two hours sitting on a plane on the tarmac at Cardiff Airport.
Still don't know who let out the shout from the crowd. Fair play to him, anyway.

Another time, my mate was hauled off at the boarding gate at Liverpool Airport. They were convinced he was a drug dealer from Dublin. My mate is bald, has a raw Limerick accent and carried a fresh scar on his face from a cancer operation.
They took his passport off of him and when we objected, they took ours too. They returned the other five, after a cursory review but told him his bags were being removed from the plane and he was going nowhere. He laughed at them. 'This, he said raising a holdall, 'is my "bags"!' They don't like being laughed at in Liverpool either. One of them grabbed him and slammed him, face first against a wall.
Just then, a plainclothes guy with a radio in hand came running onto he scene.
'Wrong guy! Wrong guy!' he was yelling. They abandoned us and rushed into the queue before emerging with a bald Dubliner who had a scar on his face. A female officer returned my mates passport and apologised for the mix up.

Another time the plane I was on was crashed into by another one... but that's enough excitement for one day, children.

mcmanus said:
blue underpants said:

You weren't in the vicinity of a chip shop by any chance?
Lol, no not this time

Four times

First accused of vandalism at a school age 12. Wrong person.

Second at the age of 14 for having beer on the way to a school disco, took to the station, Just a telling off.

Third for fraud at the age of 36, no charges.

Third for common assault x 2. The Mario game at Arsenal. Found guilty of common assault on 2 stewards. Not a punch thrown but a push to get past one steward and a hand in the face of another who came for me.

6 times in all - 3 times at home, once in Boston and twice in England.

Have to say I found the police in England pretty OK. The first time in England was when I was on a football match in Manchester and I got into a row with a bouncer and the police got involved. It wasn't anything serious but I was probably in the wrong and ended up getting cuffed and put in the back of the car. Got a bit of a talking to and basically told I could go back to my hotel or spend the night in the cells. I decided the hotel was a better option. They even dropped me back at the hotel. Funny thing was that they told me to get out of the car before taking off my handcuffs and when they were doing that a group of girls were going back into the hotel and we ended up going for a drink with them asking me what I had done.

The other time in England was when I was on a stag weekend in Bristol. We were beside the Waterfront before going into a club and I decided to wait outside and have a cigarette before going in. I decided it would be a good time to take a piss and thought I was safe but when I was doing it I heard a woman's voice saying 'put it away'. I looked around and saw 2 cops and thought shit. I had to finish what I was doing and don't think that went down too well. I got asked my name and tried to apologise but they weren't interested and said I was being aggressive and so the cuffs went on, two more cops appeared and I got walked to a police van that was a good bit away. Got put in a cage in the back of the van and couldn't believe that I had been arrested just for that. Anyway got to spend the night in a cell. Have to say it was a lot better than any cell I've been here in Ireland - was big enough and smelt alright. In the morning I had to get photographed and fingerprinted (seemed a bit much) and then got breakfast of beans and sausages on a paper plate with a plastic spoon - guess I was too much of a risk to get a knife!! The sergeant came to see me in the cell and told me I could take a caution or if not would have to go to court. He said there was no court until Monday so with being foreign he would have to keep me there until Monday if I was doing that. I took the caution eventhough I didn't want and got out about 9.30am. I walked back to the hotel and just made it back in time for a proper breakfast there. The other lads thought I must have scored and went off and didn't know that I had been in the nick for the night.

My brother is a Garda (police) in Ireland so I hear from him all teh stuff they have to put up with so I don't mind them eventhough I've been arrested a good few times. I've been pepper sprayed by a Garda here and have a court case coming up and the police in America were pretty serious but have no complaints about the English police that I've had dealings with.

Are you ok to travel to America with a caution for assault,⁉️⁉️

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.