Aguero 'dive'

If an opposing team did that to us we would have called it a dive. Augero doesn't dive typically, and while there was a slight contact, I still think he went down way too easy. The ball was going in a direction slightly away from the goal and he made no effort to go after the ball, he went down instead.

Sucks because the incident after that was definitely a stonewall penalty.

blue b4 the moon said:
Thought it was a pen at the time in 113 but may have been a bit biased at the time.

On looking at the replays on here IF it was a pen it was certainly a soft one and we'd be going ape if it had been given against us.

Also I think he was booked not for the dive but handball as Kun fell he grabbed hold of the ball.

I think the issue is, those types of penalties always seem to go against us. When do WE get the benefit? It seems other clubs can dive their asses off & they get penalties. We go down easily & we're immediately punished. This one sided refereeing that has gotten progressively worse is not a coincidence. The only time we'll see unbiased refereeing in a CL match involving City is if the match is out of reach, for either team.
And for those who are banging on about blaming the ref & we should've done more to put the match out of reach, we shouldn't have to plan to score an extra 2,3,4 goals a game just to make up for the shit officiating. For that, they can just start every match with City down 2-0 & let the referee officiate correctly throughout the match. Not excusing our poor performance, but this is blatant now and we shouldn't stand for it. Not much we can do though.

cleavers said:
BlueTG said:
The referee was as bent as they've come this season - see the mistaken identity, non-foul on Yaya, Clichy's handball and his whole obvious burning desire to don a CSKA shirt for the 90 minutes. Oh and I also forgot, do we not play added time in the first half now or?
You missed the dreadful (two footed ?) lunge at Milner from 5 yards away, which he hurdled fortunately, he might have had his leg broken had he not, player didn't get the ball, and they got a throw in. One of the most blatant cheats of a referee I've seen.

And were discussing clear contact on Aguero in the box, and some blues are calling him a cheat, f*ck me, its sad.

I could not believe the lunge at Milner wasn't even a free kick. Apart from the "handball" for their first goal where the CSKA player obviously kicked it against the hand, there was also when Yaya took a free kick where the ball was still moving; the ref seemed to allow it until he saw that it had gone to Zabba in a decent attacking position and then he stopped play. I'm not saying he was a cheat, but it's what I called him. As for the Aguero "dive" what do MotD pundits always say when it's not a City player brought down? "You can't go sliding in like that, and .... was entitled to go down". As for contact doesn't necessarily mean foul, no contact doesn't necessarily mean no foul (as with the lunge against Milner). If it's done in a careless manner and it's a trip or an attempted trip it's a foul. The second penalty shout, from where we were it looked like the defender had got in front of Sergio before the legs tangled. Not a good view but it's on the official highlights on mcfc.

Vic said:
cleavers said:
BlueTG said:
The referee was as bent as they've come this season - see the mistaken identity, non-foul on Yaya, Clichy's handball and his whole obvious burning desire to don a CSKA shirt for the 90 minutes. Oh and I also forgot, do we not play added time in the first half now or?
You missed the dreadful (two footed ?) lunge at Milner from 5 yards away, which he hurdled fortunately, he might have had his leg broken had he not, player didn't get the ball, and they got a throw in. One of the most blatant cheats of a referee I've seen.

And were discussing clear contact on Aguero in the box, and some blues are calling him a cheat, f*ck me, its sad.

I could not believe the lunge at Milner wasn't even a free kick. Apart from the "handball" for their first goal where the CSKA player obviously kicked it against the hand, there was also when Yaya took a free kick where the ball was still moving; the ref seemed to allow it until he saw that it had gone to Zabba in a decent attacking position and then he stopped play. I'm not saying he was a cheat, but it's what I called him. As for the Aguero "dive" what do MotD pundits always say when it's not a City player brought down? "You can't go sliding in like that, and .... was entitled to go down". As for contact doesn't necessarily mean foul, no contact doesn't necessarily mean no foul (as with the lunge against Milner). If it's done in a careless manner and it's a trip or an attempted trip it's a foul. The second penalty shout, from where we were it looked like the defender had got in front of Sergio before the legs tangled. Not a good view but it's on the official highlights on mcfc.

That Yaya free kick with the rolling ball was a disgrace.

One of the refs many decisions that seemed to come some time after the event happened. I've no doubt some UEFA wanker was consistently muttering into his earpiece.

Very true - once, the east side assistant even took 5 seconds to signal the ball had gone out of play

I never like people saying "contact" as a means to justify a penalty, they sound just like Alan Hansen, they're the sort of people who would justify Moses dive or one of Young's dive where he deliberately makes contact with the defenders leg. There is contact all over the pitch that doesn't mean it's always a foul. It was never a penalty in a million years. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and anticipated being brought down so he lost his footing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.