Welbeck

Crouchinho said:
Shite finisher, even though MOTD, Sky and every man and his dog lately will tell you he's prolific. People complain about Dzeko's finishing they would have heart surgery if they had him playing. He works hard and he has to to make up for his Heskeyesque goal ratio. A decent partner striker perhaps but not one going for big things

He's a pretty good finisher when he doesn't have to think about it, if he's got time and space he invariably fucks it up.

Don't think he's got any more "prolific", this season? Not sure where that angle is coming from...

It's the end of November, and he's got 2 League goals.

Yes, he works hard, but nothing's changed IMO; I don't think he scores enough

danny welbeck is an average player ,he has been average/below average all his career,whoever says differently imo knows very little about football ,hes fast and that's it.

Gaylord du Bois said:
FantasyIreland said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Won't be long before he gets a restraining order out on you.
Haha,yeah you know i rate him and i think more people are beginning to see why.We need something similar,hopefully kelechi.
It's obvious to all and sundry that he has ability in abundance, but can his confidence be unlocked?
That's the issue for me. There's a bit of Walcott about him too, for me.
he has no ability except speed ,and workrate ,abit like a quicker paul dickov

2 goals in 8 PL games for Arsenal, this amongst a run where the media would have you believe he's been prolific.

I don't understand why people don't rate Welbeck - he's the perfect fit for Arsenal that's for sure. Players like Milner and Welbeck are crucial if you want to do well. They run all game, will play in any position and will always give everything. How many younger players would put up with having to play every position other than striker for so long. His goal scoring record for England proves he is capable even if he will never be particularly prolific. He might only score 1 in 3 or 4 shots whereas top strikers look at 1 in 2 but he will still look to get into those good positions. I guarantee when Sturridge is back fit, his combination with Rooney will have zero impact in comparison to Welbeck and Rooney. Welbeck is quick with the ball, holds onto it well and makes runs in behind the defence. He also tracks back (biggest skill there is) and defends with everything. You won't get that from Sturridge. Arsenal didn't get it from Giroud.

I hope he scores against the rags, and I hope he celebrates too. He's the sort of player City fans would love. If Dzeko scored half as many goals but worked twice as hard we'd love him more too!

supercity88 said:
I don't understand why people don't rate Welbeck - he's the perfect fit for Arsenal that's for sure. Players like Milner and Welbeck are crucial if you want to do well. They run all game, will play in any position and will always give everything. How many younger players would put up with having to play every position other than striker for so long. His goal scoring record for England proves he is capable even if he will never be particularly prolific. He might only score 1 in 3 or 4 shots whereas top strikers look at 1 in 2 but he will still look to get into those good positions. I guarantee when Sturridge is back fit, his combination with Rooney will have zero impact in comparison to Welbeck and Rooney. Welbeck is quick with the ball, holds onto it well and makes runs in behind the defence. He also tracks back (biggest skill there is) and defends with everything. You won't get that from Sturridge. Arsenal didn't get it from Giroud.

I hope he scores against the rags, and I hope he celebrates too. He's the sort of player City fans would love. If Dzeko scored half as many goals but worked twice as hard we'd love him more too!
Welbeck probably scores 1 in 8 shots or more.wooney and sturridge both have the biggest egos going so that's the problem with them 2. (welbeck seems to be a ok kind of guy).
I love edin already.
It will be interesting to see if the cheese eating surrender monkey drops welbeck anytime soon to replace him with the other cheese eating surrender monkey.

without a dream said:
Crouchinho said:
Shite finisher, even though MOTD, Sky and every man and his dog lately will tell you he's prolific. People complain about Dzeko's finishing they would have heart surgery if they had him playing. He works hard and he has to to make up for his Heskeyesque goal ratio. A decent partner striker perhaps but not one going for big things

He's a pretty good finisher when he doesn't have to think about it, if he's got time and space he invariably fucks it up.

A la Darius Vassell.

sir peace frog said:
danny welbeck is an average player ,he has been average/below average all his career,whoever says differently imo knows very little about football ,hes fast and that's it.

An average, premier league, champions league and International centre forward....?

You say all his career? The point is, his career has really just begun, he is out of the shadow of the swamp superstars, he is not having to do their dirty work he is playing for a manager who trusts him, in his proper posistion and with confidence.
Can you not see or appreciate the distinction between the old and new welbeck...?

You really think he,s below average, or has ever been? when ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.