City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

I've only flicked through the last few pages of this thread and most of the comments are spot on.

We started well, Bayern were always going to control possession they always do - their ability to find a pass is exceptional but we marked tightly and managed to restrict them to little or no chances. Mangala played well, and gained in confidence on the ball, Fernando too. Bayern's goals were clever and a result of poor defending really. Sagna couldn't compete with Lewandowski and a bit of fortune with it coming off his shoulder. Hart was in a poor position for the free kick but Mangala had to make that tackle, he had been rolled by Lewandowski who could have scored if he'd been allowed to go on.

Obviously Aguero steals the plaudits with his performance but for me a special mention has to go to our 36yr old midfielder Lampard. He showed his class last night and was incredible. The thing that sets him apart from others, and I have always admired this since he dominated a match for Chelsea against us years ago, he is always aware of where his team mates are. His composure on the ball meant we kept it well and he was also instantly alert to the ball over the top to Aguero or Navas. Without Lampard last night we wouldn't have won. We needed Aguero to finish things but he wouldn't have had a sniff without Lampard's guile. He also knew when to press and when to drop off slightly.

Pellegrini got things right, Sagna was brilliant apart from being unable to challenge for Lewandowski's goal. He stayed patient and I think City forgot that we had the extra man for a 20min period in the second half where we didn't press enough. He made the changes with Zabaleta and Jovetic and that led to much more possession and creativity. What was good about the performance is we didn't try to rush the attacks. At times it was a bit slow on the ball but we didn't go for the difficult option everytime and give the ball away as we have in other CL games. We pressured Bayern into two mistakes and it was an incredible win.

KingTotti said:
Wow it's interesting to see everybody cheering up after a blatant fixed game. Check any italian football forum. So obvious, two gifts in the last minutes. Bayern shame of Europe! it's not the first time they do it for the money, check UEFA cup against Zenit where some Bayern players got bribed. How comes they didnt play vs City the way they played vs ROMA, Guardiola fielding bullshit kids and bragging what a professional he is always going for victory. And City is no better for pulling this rigged shit, FUCKING PATHETIC. We may not be among the big teams of Europe but we have pride. Oh and you wont be welcomed in ROMA!

Of course the Italians are experts on fixing football matches and would know all about it.

And a football club that turns over more than €500,000,000 a year took a brown envelope to throw a lucrative fixture.

Or maybe you're just having a tantrum because your team fucked up and we're in a position to capitalise.

See you in a couple of weeks, you twats.

Rammyblues said:
That is the first time in seven weeks I watch city and its enough to give you a heart attack (again) !!!!!!!!!!

Well done City we won, that is all that matters for me.

Was it gentle applause in the rammyblue household when the third went in ??
My ticker was fine but i nearly broke me neck jumping around like a kid.

KingTotti said:
Wow it's interesting to see everybody cheering up after a blatant fixed game. Check any italian football forum. So obvious, two gifts in the last minutes. Bayern shame of Europe! it's not the first time they do it for the money, check UEFA cup against Zenit where some Bayern players got bribed. How comes they didnt play vs City the way they played vs ROMA, Guardiola fielding bullshit kids and bragging what a professional he is always going for victory. And City is no better for pulling this rigged shit, FUCKING PATHETIC. We may not be among the big teams of Europe but we have pride. Oh and you wont be welcomed in ROMA!

In that case, FUCK OFF..

Roma fans are the worst, I went to roma forum they complain that bayern played rode and hjoberg instead of muller and gotze and accuse us for paying the refree......

Hope we trash them 4;0

Couldn't get to sleep till 2 am after getting back from game as adrenaline was kicking around for ages...
Fernando and Lampard were outstanding.
Mangala and Clichy also had good games.
I thought our midfield looked much more fluent without Yaya in it (tin hat on!)
Navas has no confidence atm; can't understand why as he has been getting plenty of game time. Not a starter for me but more of an impact player to bring on in second half of games when defenders starting to tire.
Roll on Roma!

KingTotti said:

I love this post!!!
Funny as fuck!

KingTotti said:

Childish, slapped arse. You are embarrasing yourself & your club.

If not for refereeing decisions going against City would be already qualified from this group. Did you bribe the ref to give a joke penalty in the last min vs CSKA or was it the Russians ?

Dickhead.

stonerblue said:
KingTotti said:

In that case, FUCK OFF..

Thees and only thees.

KingTotti said:

You should have posted that in the agenda thread mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.