Last few days to help launch a new burger restaurant

bluechaos

Hello fellow blues,

I'll try and keep this brief

We posted this on her a while back and got a really good response so thought it was worth another go before it finishes. We are hoping to launch a geeky sci fi burger restaurant in manchester. We are using kickstarter to raise money to part fund this. We have currently raised 6k of the 20k needed

For those who don't know how kickstarter works. You pledge money to something for a small reward (just £10 gets your name on our founders wall and helps us get started etc) if we raise the 20k the money is deducted from your account at the end of the project. If we fail to meet our target you don't pay a penny and we don't get anything. We have just a couple of days left, however with a big push we can still do it, lots of these campaigns get really busy at the end and we have lots of people who have promised to donate who haven't yet

Last time we posted on here we got a few donations. So if you think it's a good idea and you'd like to help us out, have a look at our rewards , donate, share on Facebook and on Twitter etc. if you don't then you can still help us out by sharing, everyone has some geeky mates so pass it on and try and get someone to donate

With everyone's help we can do something amazing here. And being a city fan there is no way I'm giving up on this until it's over, even if we have to score a 94th minute winner :)

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820551321/cafe-at-the-end-of-the-universe-geek-sci-fi-burger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... -fi-burger</a>

Hope you don't mind feedback on this type of thread.

It's not very clear where the restaurant/cafe is? Altrincham is mentioned, but that's Cheshire.

TV21's and Fab Cafe seem to have geek/sci-fi market's cornered in "town" along with Solita/Reds True BBQ etc covering the "dirty food" market. The pictures don't show up very well on Kickstarters website either.

Maybe worth going back to the drawing board on theme. Thought about looking at Burton Road(West Dids). Retail unit's round there are being snapped up. Recently saw a small cafe opposite Cavendish Primary School up for sale and the Withington side of the Metrolink has a wedding shop closing soon.

Good luck anyway.

Hey, more than happy for feedback

The reason we haven't stated where it will be is because we aren't sure until we secure funding, ideally city centre but its so expensive so we have been looking at places in Greater Manchester like Altrincham and Urmston (Altrincham is technically in Trafford Greater Manchester) somewhere with good public transport

Speaking to lots of geeks like i do, TV21 have got rid of most of there sci fi stuff, and FAB cafe is considered a good geeky night out, but its a bar, as we want to concentrate on food we still think this would be different enough to get people in, plus its homemade burgers and homemade fries, anyone who likes food should enjoy that. If we aren't successful i guess we will have to go back to the drawing board, we know the project isn't perfect, but we have raised enough already that with a big push we could maybe get the funding we need. just need a loads of people to throw in a few quid haha

bluechaos said:
Hello fellow blues,

I'll try and keep this brief

We posted this on her a while back and got a really good response so thought it was worth another go before it finishes. We are hoping to launch a geeky sci fi burger restaurant in manchester. We are using kickstarter to raise money to part fund this. We have currently raised 6k of the 20k needed

For those who don't know how kickstarter works. You pledge money to something for a small reward (just £10 gets your name on our founders wall and helps us get started etc) if we raise the 20k the money is deducted from your account at the end of the project. If we fail to meet our target you don't pay a penny and we don't get anything. We have just a couple of days left, however with a big push we can still do it, lots of these campaigns get really busy at the end and we have lots of people who have promised to donate who haven't yet

Last time we posted on here we got a few donations. So if you think it's a good idea and you'd like to help us out, have a look at our rewards , donate, share on Facebook and on Twitter etc. if you don't then you can still help us out by sharing, everyone has some geeky mates so pass it on and try and get someone to donate

With everyone's help we can do something amazing here. And being a city fan there is no way I'm giving up on this until it's over, even if we have to score a 94th minute winner :)

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820551321/cafe-at-the-end-of-the-universe-geek-sci-fi-burger" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... -fi-burger</a>

Im being a bit thick here mate

if I donate 10 quid, and you dont get the 20k I get my 10 quid back, if you do get 20k I dont get it back, so what do I get?

kickstarter is just used to get projects off the ground, so for £10 you get your name on the founders wall and a chance to say you helped launch the place, i know its not much but that rewards are basically thank yous for helping to get the place open.

bluechaos said:
kickstarter is just used to get projects off the ground, so for £10 you get your name on the founders wall and a chance to say you helped launch the place, i know its not much but that rewards are basically thank yous for helping to get the place open.
Begging bowl in effect.......

bluechaos said:

So you don't get your tenner back or a free burger? my wife's name is all over the toilets in my local pub and she didn't help launch the place

Sounds like a way of getting other people to pay for your business

Well that's exactly what it is, it's not trying to trick anyone. Its pretty clear what you get for the money you donate

Crowdfunding is used to launch projects, events, and businesses and people that want to see them happen donate, we have had over a hundred people donate so far

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.