Last few days to help launch a new burger restaurant

SkyBlueFlux said:
Astonishing really how many people on here don't seem to know what a Kickstarter project is.

If you donate a tenner and they don't reach target then you get it back.

If you donate a tenner and they do reach target then you get a new burger restaurant to go to.

You're paying to see a new service implemented which you wouldn't have had otherwise. If you want that service then put in the hat, if you don't then don't.

Kickstarter is an effective way of getting popular projects off the ground that wouldn't see the light of day otherwise. Good luck bluechaos. It's not my bag, I don't like sci-fi but you've done well to get as far as you have.

I think you just summed it up a lot better than I could. I just think a ot of people still don't get it in the UK, in a few years everyone will be doing it, maybe we were just a little too early to use it for a food business, although others have done it, but usually it's to open a second place

Also appreciate any comments on location, any advice on where you think would be good will be considered. We did know about the place in Bury, and I actually think Bury would be a decent place to open a burger place, just not where they did, and on that scale, start out smaller and expand would be better, if you open a big place with big overheads and no one turns up you have nowhere to go

Definitely, we have got amazing feedback off so many people. we have spoken to lots of geeks and geek groups in manchester. everyone who is into this thing has said its the place they would visit, and all the research we have done which has been a lot says exactly what you are saying, people are prepared to travel, thats another great thing about this kickstarter, even if we fail, which i am not giving up yet, but even if we do, we are building up lots of buzz on facebook and twitter

I do think that people want to try new places as well and although not everyone will come you don't have to be a fan to enjoy it

bluechaos said:
Definitely, we have got amazing feedback off so many people. we have spoken to lots of geeks and geek groups in manchester. everyone who is into this thing has said its the place they would visit, and all the research we have done which has been a lot says exactly what you are saying, people are prepared to travel, thats another great thing about this kickstarter, even if we fail, which i am not giving up yet, but even if we do, we are building up lots of buzz on facebook and twitter

I do think that people want to try new places as well and although not everyone will come you don't have to be a fan to enjoy it

I can understand people being happy to travel a few miles to visit a bar where they can spend a good few hours or the whole evening, but to travel out of the way to spend half an hour eating a burger? And you don't want them taking tables up sipping coffee for much longer than that.

bluechaos said:

Where have you got the figure of 20k from and what is that for?

Have you got a premises in mind?

By the way, I love the name. Are you sure you're allowed to use it though? I think it's a great theme and my younger daughter would never be out of the place for sure.

One thing to consider: you're not going to earn any more money from a customer who eats a meal and then spends 2 hours just hanging around the place reading books than you will from someone who just eats a meal. Have you considered how you're going to derive profit from people spending a long time in there? Can you charge someone to play on a games console? If so, how much would someone be willing to pay, and how much would you need them to pay?

Final thought, it's possible to make cakes look like absolutely anything at all, so theming them is easy. Main meals though, that's s little harder. Simply naming standard burgers after sci fi films or characters will only get you so far. Space raiders on a burger is fun, but how many more themed ideas can you come up with?

Final final thought. You definitely need to chuck a few hundred quid at a celeb to feature in the opening. Craig Charles immediately springs to mind.

kinkysleftfoot said:
bluechaos said:

Where have you got the figure of 20k from and what is that for?

Have you got a premises in mind?

we have looked at a few places, we have been trying to keep our options open, City centre, Altrincham, Urmston, even a place in Bury, bit far out but its a good place. The figure of 20k is that we have put together a business plan based on some of the places we have seen and all the research we have done, and obviously i don't want to go into detail, however we need around 40k to get set up, we were hopeing to raise half through crowdfunding and half through loans and our own money

Chancy Termites said:
By the way, I love the name. Are you sure you're allowed to use it though? I think it's a great theme and my younger daughter would never be out of the place for sure.

One thing to consider: you're not going to earn any more money from a customer who eats a meal and then spends 2 hours just hanging around the place reading books than you will from someone who just eats a meal. Have you considered how you're going to derive profit from people spending a long time in there? Can you charge someone to play on a games console? If so, how much would someone be willing to pay, and how much would you need them to pay?

Final thought, it's possible to make cakes look like absolutely anything at all, so theming them is easy. Main meals though, that's s little harder. Simply naming standard burgers after sci fi films or characters will only get you so far. Space raiders on a burger is fun, but how many more themed ideas can you come up with?

Final final thought. You definitely need to chuck a few hundred quid at a celeb to feature in the opening. Craig Charles immediately springs to mind.

Thanks for the nice comments, firstly the name, we hope its alright, legal people i've spoken to say its different enough. I mean its obvious what its based on, however there are several places in america using it although none in the UK

As for the problem of people staying to read, play video games etc we could charge for playing games, but we don't want to, plus we would ideally have a slightly separated area for that, plus with my experience of working lots of places over the years, there is very rarely a problem of the place being full, if there isn't enough seats for people then you are doing something right. I am more worried about having empty seats than people not spending enough

I know its hard to theme burgers, but we have come up with a menu where most are quite quirky and im pretty happy with our ideas, didn't really want to give too many away but maybe we should of done a few more.

As for someone like Craig Charles, thats a great idea and would be amazing. I'm not name dropping, but funnily enough he came in for food at the place i work a few days ago, I would of mentioned this to see if he could give it a plug but i know his brother has just died and so not the best time, didn't want to come across as an insensitive wanker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.