United Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dog & Duck Pub Team (aka United) Thread 2014/15

Bastard, i thought this thread had been pulled for some reason, only just noticed.

Dog and Duck Pub Team hahahaha love it :)

dog-and-duck-linton-sign.jpg

jrb said:
Business Desk North West

MANCHESTER United expects a "higher level of net player capital expenditures" according to a share prospectus it has issued for the sale of shares by one of the Glazer family.

Edward Glazer, son of former majority owner Malcolm who died in May, is selling three million shares, for around £30m.

The club will not receive any of the proceeds, according to a statement issued to the New York Stock Exchange where 10% of the club's shares are listed.

But in the sale prospectus setting out the offer United suggested a period of greater investment in players and the Old Trafford stadium.

It said: "To maintain our high standard of performance we anticipate a higher level of net player capital expenditures and player wages to retain talent and enhance the caliber of our team in the near term. We will also continue to invest in our facilities, including the Old Trafford Stadium, to maintain the quality of service, enhance the fan experience and drive their high level of engagement and loyalty."

It added: "We remain committed to investing in our team, our facilities and other initiatives to continue our many years of success and enhance our brand globally. We expect these initiatives will continue to be key drivers of our sales, profit and leading brand recognition going forward."

In the three months to September 30, the club saw income fall by 10% from £98.5m to £88.6m, as it missed out on TV and matchday revenues associated with playing in Europe.

However, it moved from a pre-tax loss of £470,000 in the corresponding period last year to a profit of £8.1m. This was down to much higher profits on player sales, up to £18.3m from £1m, and lower finance charges which fell to £6.2m from £9.8m.

Nothing about investment in the local community then? How strange.

jrb said:
Business Desk North West

MANCHESTER United expects a "higher level of net player capital expenditures" according to a share prospectus it has issued for the sale of shares by one of the Glazer family.

Edward Glazer, son of former majority owner Malcolm who died in May, is selling three million shares, for around £30m.

The club will not receive any of the proceeds, according to a statement issued to the New York Stock Exchange where 10% of the club's shares are listed.

But in the sale prospectus setting out the offer United suggested a period of greater investment in players and the Old Trafford stadium.

It said: "To maintain our high standard of performance we anticipate a higher level of net player capital expenditures and player wages to retain talent and enhance the caliber of our team in the near term. We will also continue to invest in our facilities, including the Old Trafford Stadium, to maintain the quality of service, enhance the fan experience and drive their high level of engagement and loyalty."

It added: "We remain committed to investing in our team, our facilities and other initiatives to continue our many years of success and enhance our brand globally. We expect these initiatives will continue to be key drivers of our sales, profit and leading brand recognition going forward."

In the three months to September 30, the club saw income fall by 10% from £98.5m to £88.6m, as it missed out on TV and matchday revenues associated with playing in Europe.

However, it moved from a pre-tax loss of £470,000 in the corresponding period last year to a profit of £8.1m. This was down to much higher profits on player sales, up to £18.3m from £1m, and lower finance charges which fell to £6.2m from £9.8m.

"Don't sell your shares, your Malcolm Glazer Shares, I just don't think you understand!"
"And if you sell your shares, your Man United shares, you'll have a f***ing riot on your hands!"

You can tell Jaap stam Zabba is the man
You can tell Suarez to bite my leg
Or tell my brother Joel to kiss my feckin hole
I never really liked the swamp anyway

"Don't sell your shares, your Malcolm Glazer Shares, I just don't think you understand!"
"And if you sell your shares, your Man United shares, you'll have a f***ing riot on your hands!"

Or tell your King Louise tell him anything you please
Myself already knows It's not okay
Or you can tell my eyes to watch this shit i'm not blind
That's why I'm walking out today

Did anyone else notice, last night just before the Roma game on Radio Manchester the newsreader (deliberately ?) said ' Utd's derby on Sunday with Liverpool!
Was he being a smart arse?

What a shame Neville didn't call them the Old Bull and Bush, would've been a great song for derbies.

laserblue said:
jrb said:
Business Desk North West

Nothing about investment in the local community then? How strange.

To be fair there are new wooden forks in the Lou Macari chippy !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.