Alan Smith - Sky's Consummate Professional

Smith's alright. When City are good, he's effusive. When they aren't, he says so. What do people want, uncritical fawning?

Of all the people to moan about, it ain't him.

Henkeman said:
Smith's alright. When City are good, he's effusive. When they aren't, he says so. What do people want, uncritical fawning?

Of all the people to moan about, it ain't him.
7msQq_zps74320b4c.png
[/URL]

two of a kind

petrusha said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
oakiecokie said:
Heard this before mate but I don`t think its ever been proven one way or `tother.Must say I do like the guy as a co-commentator.

He was a Villa fan as a boy.

He did a 'Focus' Q&A feature in Shoot! magazine in the 1980s when he played for Leicester in which he said City were his boyhood team and Colin Bell his favourite player. I remember that because I used to keep a mental note on players for other clubs who had a soft spot for City. It was also mentioned in press reports when Billy McNeill fancied signing him after we got promoted in 1985. (He was just starting to really make a name for himself and would have cost GBP 250K or so, IIRC, but of course we didn't have the money. Two years later he was off to Arsenal for GBP 800K).

However, he's said on commentaries about being a Villa fan. I suspect that he liked Colin Bell from the TV when he was young, but when he started going to watch games live went to Villa because they were more local and then got into them.

I remember him saying he used to stand on the Holte end as a boy and cheer on Villa on the build up to a game, he was born on the border of Birmingham, Aston Villa describe him as a boyhood Villa fan.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2554511,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 11,00.html</a>

SWP's back said:
oakiecokie said:
Heard this before mate but I don`t think its ever been proven one way or `tother.Must say I do like the guy as a co-commentator.

He was a city fan as a lad.

See the above link mate,

Alan Smith made his name at Arsenal as a goalscoring centre-forward - but long before that he was brought up as a claret and blue devotee.

SWP's back said:

See the above link mate,

Alan Smith made his name at Arsenal as a goalscoring centre-forward - but long before that he was brought up as a claret and blue devotee.
Don't care what that says. I've heard him say it in interview.

SWP's back said:
SWP's back said:

See the above link mate,

Don't care what that says. I've heard him say it in interview.

Ive heard him say he used to stand on the Holte end before as well.

SWP's back said:
SWP's back said:

See the above link mate,

Don't care what that says. I've heard him say it in FIFA.

Fixed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.