CL Last 16 vs Barcelona (feb. 24 & mar. 18)

Dear Manchester City.,

On the 18th March 1982 I married Mrs Mist at Sale Register Office. It was a nice 'do' at the Queens Head afterwards and everyone went home happy.
On the 18th March 2015 we will have been together for 33 years, except we wont be together, Mrs Mist will be at home ironing and I will be in Barcelona so please, don't fuck up.

Yours,

Mr. B. Mist

aguero93:20 said:
Champions2012! said:
Been reading through some barcelona fan forums

they are pissing themselves in fear
especially since they have real madrid 4 days after the return match

Really? That's definitely to our advantage although my guess is that Enrique will still prioritise the CL tie over the Classico. What are our fixtures like around the two legs? Most of our big games are in April and January aren't they?

1st leg
Newcastle (h) 21 feb
Barca (h) 24 feb
Liverpool (a) 28 feb

2nd leg
Burnley (A) 14 mar
Barca (a) 18 mar
West brom (h) 21 mar

So quite fortunate really ;)

Blue Mist said:
Dear Manchester City.,

On the 18th March 1982 I married Mrs Mist at Sale Register Office. It was a nice 'do' at the Queens Head afterwards and everyone went home happy.
On the 18th March 2015 we will have been together for 33 years, except we wont be together, Mrs Mist will be at home ironing and I will be in Barcelona so please, don't fuck up.

Yours,

Mr. B. Mist
OK.........so your wife will be home alone on 18 March then........there's plenty of fuckers on here I wouldn't have advertised that to! :-)

keemcfc said:
aguero93:20 said:
Champions2012! said:

Really? That's definitely to our advantage although my guess is that Enrique will still prioritise the CL tie over the Classico. What are our fixtures like around the two legs? Most of our big games are in April and January aren't they?

1st leg
Newcastle (h) 21 feb
Barca (h) 24 feb
Liverpool (a) 28 feb

2nd leg
Burnley (A) 14 mar
Barca (a) 18 mar
West brom (h) 21 mar

So quite fortunate really ;)

It is, all the away trips in the League are quite local and none of the teams are exactly direct rivals, Newcastle (h) and Liverpool (a) will be tough but couldn't have asked for much better, fingers crossed on the injury front though, we're going to need Vinny, Jovetic and Kun fit and can't have any injuries to the other key players.

malg said:
Blue Mist said:
Dear Manchester City.,

Yours,

Mr. B. Mist
OK.........so your wife will be home alone on 18 March then........there's plenty of fuckers on here I wouldn't have advertised that to! :-)

Why not ? they may be good at ironing?

Regular Joe said:
ninjamonkey said:
If you ignore the chances of getting each team in the draw were not completely equal due to the various rules and also ignore other variables such as the order in which we were drawn etc etc and then assign each team the same number and substitute teams that only made it to the last 16 once for each other then the chance of getting barca both times is 1 in 30. Yess both draws are independent of each other but for consecutive chances you simply multiply them together to get the odds of the same outcome on consecutive occasions.

It's more likely than rolling the same number twice in a row on a dice. hardly conspiracy odds.

And surely for conspiracy theorists Barca would have to be the hardest opponents, which this year at least they are not, by common consensus. Unless the conspiracy is for us to face the 3rd toughest team.
2nd hardest surely as City could not draw Bayern in the Round of 16.

Re: CL Last 16 vs Barcelona

manchester blue said:
BlueDeadHead said:
Chippy_boy said:
How do they fix it I wonder? I mean obviously it IS fixed, but I wonder how they do it.

1) you weirdos need to realize that there are certain clubs we can't draw (English teams and Bayern).

2) then you need to take a class in probability.

3) then you need to understand that until we get pot 1 we are always going to be in a group of death. Always, for the simple fact that we are a Pot 1 (talent wise) team that currently is stuck in Pot 2.

4) finally you need to remember our shit play put us in this position. we win our group and this isn't a problem.

It is actually kind of embarrassing all of this talk about the draws being fixed. You think Bayern LIKE being drawn against us. You think Barca said to Uefa we want City? Both of those UEFA "favorites" are not happy drawing us.

If you want to talk about refs and how they may or not be biased then fine...at least they are human.

Can't believe this is still being seriously debated. Do people really think the balls are hot/cold and the ex players etc will go along with this? I'll have it that referees are not impartial, that's obvious from CSKA but I need convincing they are acting on EUFA orders.[/quote]

Bang on! Individual humans can show bias. To believe a conspiracy as big as the one folks here are suggesting is incredibly implausible. To believe that they would create this conspiracy just to punish City is embarrassing and makes our fans look like paranoid freaks.

Champions2012! said:

To quote De Niro you are just being delusional. All those Barcelona fans are in on the fix. They are just pretending to be scared. They know that they are UEFA's darlings and will be protected and the team will be pushed through to the final for what...the 7th time in a row.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.