Player topic: Eliaquim Mangala (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangala

mrtwiceaseason said:
Vienna_70 said:
I thought Eli was tremendous today; he was my MotM.

He hardly put a foot wrong all game. He made several excellent tackles and some great clearing headers.

He's taken his time to find his feet in the Premier League - many players do - but hopefully, now he will go from strength to strength.
Always annoys me how the goal scorer is motm regardless how anyone else plays.definatley my motm today

THIS^^^^^

You can see he is actively starting to learn.

There was a moment today in the second half where he won the ball and had a 30yd corridor in front of him. We've seen him run into that normally and at times surrender possession. Today he won the ball and played it into Yaya, with EM just slotting back into centre half.

A LOT of the media are going to have to start backing down soon. He's a class act.

Btw.. He got a 6/10 from sky whilst Jedinak got a 8/10... Yeah right

Turning into a monster now, just needed the time to settle down. Wasn't really playing against anyone but he looks a million times more comfortable.

Like all players there is room for improvement but I am delighted the Mangalanator (Vinny's nickname not mine) is showing what a top class Centre Back he is

My biggest worry about Mangala is even though I think he will be world class I am not sure he and kompany will ever be a world class partnership. Mangala looks better with de Michelis as does kompany with de Michelis.

I like having a very intelligent, footballing back foot defender playing with a fast physical get foot defender - I hope they can work together but for now we need de Michelis.

Funnily enough now I think we would miss de Michelis more than vinnie defence wise

EalingBlue2 said:
My biggest worry about Mangala is even though I think he will be world class I am not sure he and kompany will ever be a world class partnership. Mangala looks better with de Michelis as does kompany with de Michelis.

I like having a very intelligent, footballing back foot defender playing with a fast physical get foot defender - I hope they can work together but for now we need de Michelis.

Funnily enough now I think we would miss de Michelis more than vinnie defence wise

2 things, Demichellis is one word. He's also a front foot defender. You're right about one thing. He's an excellent footballer. As are Mangala improving weekly and Kompany.

As for his 'sky sports' 6 out of 10. I'd like to ask anyone who defended the agenda to explain this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.